SIP-based contender to Skype - Project Gizmo

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Paul Cupis, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Paul Cupis

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Paul Cupis, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Paul Cupis

    Josh! Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    news:daduig$8pn$...
    > http://www.gizmoproject.com
    > http://www.sipphone.com
    >
    > Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
    > is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

    Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
    number??????
    Josh!, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Paul Cupis

    Guest

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:01:36 +0100, "Josh!" <> wrote:

    >"Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.gizmoproject.com
    >> http://www.sipphone.com
    >>
    >> Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
    >> is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

    >Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
    >number??????

    I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
    account with Sipphone which is working ok .
    , Jul 6, 2005
  4. Paul Cupis

    Josh! Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:01:36 +0100, "Josh!" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.gizmoproject.com
    >>> http://www.sipphone.com
    >>>
    >>> Looks like we have a user friendly skype-type system coming out, which
    >>> is based on SIP rather than a proprietory protocol...

    >>Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
    >>number??????
    >>

    > I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
    > account with Sipphone which is working ok .

    Oh, do you need an account with sip phone to start using it?
    Josh!, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Paul Cupis

    Guest

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:09:22 +0100, "Josh!" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:01:36 +0100, "Josh!" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message

    >>>Tried registering for this last night, it kept asking me for a security
    >>>number??????
    >>>

    >> I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
    >> account with Sipphone which is working ok .

    >Oh, do you need an account with sip phone to start using it?

    No no no I just do not see the point of Sipphone starting this when
    they have a perfectly good sip service in operation now , you do not
    need a Sipfone account to use the Gismo thingy .
    , Jul 6, 2005
  6. Paul Cupis

    Josh! Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:09:22 +0100, "Josh!" <> wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message

    >>> I registered ok but couldn't get it to work I do have a standard
    >>> account with Sipphone which is working ok .

    >>Oh, do you need an account with sip phone to start using it?

    > No no no I just do not see the point of Sipphone starting this when
    > they have a perfectly good sip service in operation now , you do not
    > need a Sipfone account to use the Gismo thingy .

    Whats the security number it asks me for during the install process? I
    cannot get past that point as I don't have a code to put into the box. The
    box to the left of it is totally grey. Any ideas?
    Josh!, Jul 6, 2005