    special things to get it working, particularly incoming path?

    thanks
    divoch
    divoch, Feb 26, 2011

  2. divoch

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:07:46 +0000, divoch wrote:

    > Has anyone successfully installed SIP application on an Android phone
    > and has reliable two way calls over the 3G radio network (particularly 3
    > network). If yes, which softphone did you use and did you need to do any
    > special things to get it working, particularly incoming path?
    >
    > thanks
    > divoch

    Sipdroid
    Can't use T-Mobile they block SIP. I really don't know about reliability
    but I did try a friend's O2 phone (HTC Desire Z), just once, for a short
    time, and the quality was good.
    --
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Want a 2 speed internet or pay more for what you want? No? Then 'Sign'
    Brian A, Mar 1, 2011

  3. In article <iQbbp.92121$2>,
    Brian A <> wrote:
    > Can't use T-Mobile they block SIP.

    You can if you have some kind of VPN (supported by Android) for the SIP
    traffic. My old ISP (A&A) provided free L2TP VPNs to ADSL customers
    that worked quite well for this. It's quite possibly still against
    T-Mobile's T&Cs, though.

    - river.
    River Tarnell, Mar 1, 2011