    Stylz

    ---
    Email adress is not valid. Please reply to group.
    Stylz, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Asterisk supports both simultaneously.
    Stu

    Stuart Friedman, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Stylz

    Stylz Guest

    Stuart Friedman wrote:
    > Asterisk supports both simultaneously.

    Has anyone experience with asteriks as PSTN termination device
    under load in a 24/7 environment?

    -- Stylz
    Stylz, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Stylz

    Soren Rathje Guest

    "Stylz" <> wrote in message
    > Stuart Friedman wrote:
    > > Asterisk supports both simultaneously.

    > Has anyone experience with asteriks as PSTN termination device
    > under load in a 24/7 environment?

    maillist.digium.com probably have an answer for you, no need to
    subscribe - you can browse the archives online ( > 30.000 mails )

    Home systems with single ISDN2 support have been said to run untouched
    for up to 7 months. It really comes down to scaling the Linux platforn
    correctly in accordance to the task it will perform.

    How many phone lines are we talking about ? According to Digium, the
    maximum number of phone lines is (3 x 4 port PRI card) 288 (T1) / 360
    (E1) per server. SS7 support is apparently in the works using OpenSS7
    but progress is slow.

    Here's some reading for you:

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

    -- Soren