    giving out my caller id, or use free calls from voipbuster with no cid.
    hmmmm. Difficult, especially as I don't make too many calls.

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Aug 28, 2005

  2. Mark Adamson

    Tony Guest

    "Mark Adamson" <> wrote in message
    news:des8rb$d21$...
    > Hi, just discovered that with <username>@sip.call18866.co.uk and my auth

    id
    > filled in on my sipura 3000, call 18866s sip service is still up and
    > running. This is using my sipgate number as the username, something that

    has
    > worked in the past.
    >
    > It did however say 1p per minute, which means the only benefit over
    > voipbuster is the caller id for the called party.
    >
    > My choice is really whether I call out via voipfone, paying ~1p per min,
    > giving out my caller id, or use free calls from voipbuster with no cid.
    > hmmmm. Difficult, especially as I don't make too many calls.
    >
    > Mark

    Mark,

    Any chance you could clarify the above for me, I want to use 18866 with my
    ATA, but have failed in the past month or so, as the old settings I used to
    use stopped working. Can you run by the settings for me please, I am using
    a sipura 1001, but I think the majority will be similar to yours. Thanks in
    advance. Tony

    Tony, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Mark Adamson

    Tony Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Adamson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, just discovered that with <username>@sip.call18866.co.uk and my auth

    > id
    > > filled in on my sipura 3000, call 18866s sip service is still up and
    > > running. This is using my sipgate number as the username, something that

    > has
    > > worked in the past.
    > >
    > > It did however say 1p per minute, which means the only benefit over
    > > voipbuster is the caller id for the called party.
    > >
    > > My choice is really whether I call out via voipfone, paying ~1p per min,
    > > giving out my caller id, or use free calls from voipbuster with no cid.
    > > hmmmm. Difficult, especially as I don't make too many calls.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Mark,
    >
    > Any chance you could clarify the above for me, I want to use 18866 with my
    > ATA, but have failed in the past month or so, as the old settings I used

    > use stopped working. Can you run by the settings for me please, I am

    using
    > a sipura 1001, but I think the majority will be similar to yours. Thanks

    in
    > advance. Tony

    Mark, I don't think my first post was very clear.... I meant to say I want
    to know the settings for 18866, for SIP, as I have not managed to use the
    sip service for about 2 months now. It just stopped working one day and its
    never worked since. Dunno why.. nothing changed here... Do you use the
    stun server? I would appreciate your help in getting my 18866 service
    working again with my sipura (seeing as that was the main reason for buying
    the sipura, it seems a shame not to have it working anymore).

    Tony

    Tony

    Tony, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Mark Adamson

    Mark Adamson Guest

    >> > My choice is really whether I call out via voipfone, paying ~1p per
    >> > min,
    >> > giving out my caller id, or use free calls from voipbuster with no cid.
    >> > hmmmm. Difficult, especially as I don't make too many calls.
    >> >
    >> > Mark

    >> Mark,
    >>
    >> Any chance you could clarify the above for me, I want to use 18866 with
    >> my
    >> ATA, but have failed in the past month or so, as the old settings I used

    >> use stopped working. Can you run by the settings for me please, I am

    > using
    >> a sipura 1001, but I think the majority will be similar to yours. Thanks

    > in
    >> advance. Tony

    Tony, are you sure you want to get it working when it is now 1p a minute and
    is not supported or even mentioned on their site anymore.

    I don't use a stun server, as I found that turning on nat mapping enable
    works fine on all the gateway's I have tried.

    My gateway 2 is then

    gateway2 : 188660207<number>@sip.call18866.co.uk
    authid : 188660207<number>
    password : <password>

    As it is only 1p per minute now, it would seem to make more sense to use a
    provider who will provide you both outgoing and incoming calls.

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Mark Adamson

    cid.

    > >> Mark,
    > >>
    > >> Any chance you could clarify the above for me, I want to use 18866 with
    > >> my
    > >> ATA, but have failed in the past month or so, as the old settings I

    used
    > >> use stopped working. Can you run by the settings for me please, I am

    > > using
    > >> a sipura 1001, but I think the majority will be similar to yours.

    Thanks
    > > in
    > >> advance. Tony

    > Tony, are you sure you want to get it working when it is now 1p a minute

    and
    > is not supported or even mentioned on their site anymore.
    >
    > I don't use a stun server, as I found that turning on nat mapping enable
    > works fine on all the gateway's I have tried.
    >
    > My gateway 2 is then
    >
    > gateway2 : 188660207<number>@sip.call18866.co.uk
    > authid : 188660207<number>
    > password : <password>
    >
    > As it is only 1p per minute now, it would seem to make more sense to use a
    > provider who will provide you both outgoing and incoming calls.
    >
    > Mark

    Oh, I didn't realise it was now 1p per minute. In that case I won't bother
    with it Mark. I might as well get something else lined up instead.

    I wonder how long it will be before all their calls are 1p per minute?

    Tony

    Tony, Aug 28, 2005