    Any comments on these and where are they made?
    I can't find a website for them at all.

    Thanks

    JC, Jul 12, 2005

  2. JC

    Hank Guest

    Got one the other day. Appears to be made in China. Comes in a box
    which is unbranded, so dosent have Sinos written on it at all. Has a
    model number of G80 though.

    I got the 512mb version from

    http://www.discountit.co.nz/product_info.php/pName/sinos-ms876-mp3data-player-512mb-black

    Stored about 100 songs on it. Think thats about the limit. It uses 1
    single AAA battery so its small and light which I wanted for when I go
    for walks. The only thing I didnt like is the fact that you have to
    skip each song to get to the one you want. You can't simply select a
    song from a list and play it. Also, no play list either. Apart from
    those points im pretty pleased with it.

    Hank, Jul 12, 2005

  3. JC

    Deadmeat Guest

    JC wrote:
    > Any comments on these and where are they made?
    > I can't find a website for them at all.
    >
    > Thanks

    I had a 1gb one, it failed after about 2 months and I returned it for
    credit. There is no website I can find and Sinos appears to be the name
    given to them by the importer. The manufactorer appears to make a
    nearly endless number of variations of this model.

    Wasn't bad for the price but it had a couple of annoying issues...
    -No shuffle feature
    -Poor quality (essentially just noise) playback on low bitrate mp3s
    (audiobooks) which would
    -USB1 (not a huge issue but annoying none the less)

    After borrowing my flatmates iPod mini for a day I was sold on it. My
    only complaint of this is the non standard USB connector it uses. If
    someone made a dongle that converted the iPod connector to a regular usb
    plug that would be excellent.

    Deadmeat, Jul 13, 2005