    Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    single computer and whether this should be possible.

    Thanks, AJ

    Big H, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Big H

    PLB49 Guest

    I use a Kodak DC210+ and a Canon Digital Rebel on the same computer (talk about
    opposites!) Both drivers show in "My Computer" and both in PhotoShop Elements
    import menu.

    Best solution might be to get a memory card reader--dunno card types involved,
    but I've seen, I think, 6-in-1 readers that should cover most types!

    Paul B.

    PLB49, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Big H

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:28:36 +0000, in rec.photo.digital Big H
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    >single computer and whether this should be possible.

    Save your time and trouble and buy a card reader that supports both types
    of media.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Big H

    Bill Guest

    In trying to actually answer your question as popsted, I have a Fuji S602Z
    and a friend has a Tosihba PRDM81, and they both work fine. The drivers for
    each were installed and there has never been a problem. I'm running
    WindowsME and whichever one is pugged into the USB port shows up as
    "Removeable disk E:"

    Bill

    Bill, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Big H

    High Sierra Guest

    Big H wrote:
    > I have a computer that is shared, I have an Olympus camera which has
    > been working fine. Another person has a Kodak Easyshare camera, which
    > since the software was loaded works fine. However, my Olympus no
    > longer connects. Removing the software for both and then reinstalling
    > the Olympus software, once again my camera works.
    >
    > Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    > single computer and whether this should be possible.
    >
    > Thanks, AJ

    What operating system is on the PC?

    High Sierra, Jan 8, 2004
  6. On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:28:36 +0000, Big H <>
    wrote:

    >I have a computer that is shared, I have an Olympus camera which has
    >been working fine. Another person has a Kodak Easyshare camera, which
    >since the software was loaded works fine. However, my Olympus no
    >longer connects. Removing the software for both and then reinstalling
    >the Olympus software, once again my camera works.
    >
    >Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    >single computer and whether this should be possible.

    Depends on the operating system.

    With XP, don't install the software that came with the camera unless
    it's downloading RAW.

    XP just treats the camera as if it were another drive.
    Although I run multiples here. I just don't start the software if I
    don't want to use it. (or use another USB port)

    Best bet is as some one else already suggested. Get a good card
    reader.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Big H

    MB Guest

    Using XP now, I have a Canon 400 (ZoomBrowser EX sw) and an Olympus 3030
    (Camedia Master 2.0). These were previously on my old computer, with Win
    98, too, and I've had no problems. The connections are/were USB, and the
    cables are always attached to the PC. The computer is on when I connect a
    camera, but no software other than the OS running.

    MB, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Big H

    Bruce Watson Guest

    I have a Canon 10D and G2 both working on my XP machine with no issues.

    Bruce Watson, Jan 9, 2004
  9. I bought one of those USB replicator hub things and hooked it a Win98SE
    machine. I have a Olympus C700 cable going out of it, a Palm T2 cable, a
    Minolta XT cable, and a Nextel phone cable. They all work fine, but I only
    have one item hooked up at a time. I have not tried it with two cameras
    active at the same time or the other things. The computer is only a 475MHz
    and is slow already--but it works fine for what I need it for and has a big
    hard drive that suits me. No problems on installing any of the software
    either.

    --
    Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Big H

    Guest

    Big H <> wrote:
    > I have a computer that is shared, I have an Olympus camera which has
    > been working fine. Another person has a Kodak Easyshare camera, which
    > since the software was loaded works fine. However, my Olympus no
    > longer connects. Removing the software for both and then reinstalling
    > the Olympus software, once again my camera works.

    > Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    > single computer and whether this should be possible.

    You didn't say which operating system your computer uses. If its
    Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP, you could easily set up an account
    for you and a separate account for the other person and each configure
    your individual account to use the photo software you prefer.

    , Jan 25, 2004
  11. Big H

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:

    > Big H <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a computer that is shared, I have an Olympus camera which has
    >>been working fine. Another person has a Kodak Easyshare camera, which
    >>since the software was loaded works fine. However, my Olympus no
    >>longer connects. Removing the software for both and then reinstalling
    >>the Olympus software, once again my camera works.

    >>Has anyone had any experiences of using two different cameras on a
    >>single computer and whether this should be possible.

    > You didn't say which operating system your computer uses. If its
    > Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP, you could easily set up an account
    > for you and a separate account for the other person and each configure
    > your individual account to use the photo software you prefer.

    The simple solution is a multi-format card reader. No need to clutter
    up the system with multiple drivers, and go through user switching.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 25, 2004