Single click in scroll bar does double click

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark Cranness, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. Help!

    Clicking on vertical scroll bars has started to malfunction.

    A single click on a vertical scroll bar scrolls down TWO pages worth,
    and leaves the scroll bar half grey, half dark grey.

    It seemed to start after I applied the latest November patch
    (Q329115, KB828749 and KB824145)

    The following windows DO NOT exhibit the problem.
    notepad.exe
    Wordpad.exe
    msword

    The following windows DO exhibit the problem:
    OE 6 New Message,
    IE 6 web pages
    Visual Studio code editor

    It's NOT a hardware problem, because the problem also occurs through
    Terminal Server.

    System:
    Windows 2000 Server 5.0.2195 SP4 build 2195

    Please help!

    Mark Cranness, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Re: Single click in scroll bar does double click <- KB824145 causes

    Mark Cranness <> wrote in

    > Clicking on vertical scroll bars has started to malfunction.
    > It seemed to start after I applied the latest November patch
    > (Q329115, KB828749 and KB824145)

    That's confirmed:

    Rolling back KB824145 fixes the problem, re-applying it creates the
    problem.

    Mark Cranness, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Mark Cranness

    Tom Guest

    Looks like I'm getting this same problem. It also seems to be affecting
    Outlook Express' cut & paste selection area.

    Is anyone else seeing this effect?

    Tom

    Tom, Nov 14, 2003