    ie i have a printer at a lan and internet at WAN!

    thanks
    Regards

    A. Qadah, Nov 26, 2007

  2. A. Qadah <> wrote:
    > can i have simultaneous connection to a Wireless network and a LAN at
    > access their resources at the same time? and if yes how?
    >
    > ie i have a printer at a lan and internet at WAN!
    >
    > thanks
    > Regards

    Note that WAN means "Wide Area Network" - not wireless. Your wireless
    connection is still part of a LAN (it's sometimes called WLAN, but that may
    not make sense in your situation).

    The short answer to your question is "yes" - but it would help if you can
    provide more info about your exact setup. Where is the wireless access point
    in your scenario? Is this a home network?

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 26, 2007

  3. A. Qadah

    A. Qadah Guest

    Hi

    thanks for your reply and for the WAN and wireless difference explanation.

    I have the following configuration:
    i have a lan with ip ranges 192.168.19.* --> provides Printer, network
    Drives resources
    and a wireless with ip ranges 192.168.40.* --> provides Internet

    its not a home network; its a company network
    i hope this helps

    thanks

    A. Qadah, Nov 26, 2007
  4. A. Qadah <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > thanks for your reply and for the WAN and wireless difference
    > explanation.
    >
    > I have the following configuration:
    > i have a lan with ip ranges 192.168.19.* --> provides Printer, network
    > Drives resources
    > and a wireless with ip ranges 192.168.40.* --> provides Internet
    >
    > its not a home network; its a company network
    > i hope this helps
    >
    > thanks

    OK. Since this is a business network, I suggest you speak to the people who
    manage your IT to
    discuss your options with them.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 26, 2007