Simulations a failed experiment

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Scott B, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Scott B

    Scott B Guest

    I recently took the 290 and 291 exams and found that the
    simulations were severly flawed. I received VBscript
    errors in the middle of the simulations and do not know if
    the questions were scored properly because of this. At
    one point everyone who was taking the 291 exam in the room
    had their tests error at the same exact time and the
    proctor had to restore all of them but the ones that would
    not recover. Of course I was one of them and now I have
    to retake the test even though I was over half way done
    with the test. The simulations would not allow you to
    test what you had setup like you can in the real world.
    Also there was only one way that you were allowed to set
    something up. You were unable to set things up some of
    the ways that you would in the real world. For example
    anytime you clicked start run and typed ******.msc you
    would get an error. Several people got out of the exam
    and went to their own labs and stated that everything they
    tried to do in the simulation that failed worked in their
    home lab. I would suggest NOT taking these exams until
    they repair them. Those of you who are interested in
    Microsofts history with simulation exams should look up
    what happened when they tried to do this with IIS 4.0.
    Also not a single person who took the test the same time
    as me passed. Everyone failed and all of us have been
    doing this for quite awhile and already have a number of
    certifications under our belts. We all beleived that the
    simulations were the cause of our failures. Then the
    answer from Microsoft after my complaint about the test
    was that it is the testing centers fault and you need to
    contact them. I highly doubt that it is their problem.
    Scott B, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Scott B

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Scott B" <> wrote in message

    <snippy>

    A cynic like myself would suggest the pairing of Microsoft's re-take offer
    and the release of the simulation exams is not a coincidence.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Scott B

    T-Bone Guest

    "molsonexpert" <> wrote
    > A cynic like myself would suggest the pairing of Microsoft's re-take offer
    > and the release of the simulation exams is not a coincidence.

    Technical problems notwithstanding, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these
    simulations are amongst the beta questions that MS slips into the exams from
    time to time.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Scott B

    Littlelegs Guest

    I wonder if the testing site was upto par on their equipment. I work at
    Career College that also is a Prometric testing site. We recently had to
    upgrade our exam machines to 2.4MHz, 256Mb (Min), etc... in order to comply
    with the technical requirements of the new 29X exams. I wrote today and had
    no problems with the sims.

    Littlelegs, May 6, 2005
  5. Scott B

    GaryH Guest

    2.4MHz....wow....is this test in DOS?
    Just Checking.

    GaryH, May 13, 2005
  6. Scott B

    Littlelegs Guest

    Ok now I feel a bit silly!!! Stupid fingers hitting the wrong keys!! My
    Bad... ;)

    Littlelegs, May 16, 2005
  7. Scott B

    LnkWizard Guest

    > Ok now I feel a bit silly!!! Stupid fingers hitting the wrong keys!! My
    > Bad... ;)

    Reminds me of a passage from book

    "Don't be malignin' the little beasties, you be the one givin'
    them brains"

    Character: Alex Kilgour
    Book: STEN
    Authors: Alan Cole, Chris Bunch

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, May 16, 2005
  8. Scott B

    edsa Guest

    I agree totally with what you are all saying about the simulations. I took
    the exam on Friday and only just passed. I got 6 simutation questions and 3
    of them just totally failed to respond half way through. Buttons just didn't
    function. I tried the reset option and went through the whole question again
    by trying a different route, but still no response.

    I think that the simultation questions are actually a great idea to test the
    candidates skills, but Microsoft need to get this technology working or they
    are going to get some angry people on their backs when they start to complain
    when they fail because of the simulation questions breaking down.

    eddie

    edsa, May 23, 2005