    practical ideas, I need some appropriate stuff. Can I expect someone to
    help me?

    , Aug 18, 2006

  2. Patty Guest

    On 17 Aug 2006 23:17:09 -0700, wrote:

    > I am much puzzled and have been surfing for quite some time to get some
    > good questions for 220-301 A+ certification exam. I had seen some brain
    > dumps, but the questions were abrupt and could not get some
    > satisfactory explanations for each answer. Since practice is the only
    > key to triumph so some good questions will help me to develop some
    > ideas. Specially some good simulations will also help to acquire some
    > practical ideas, I need some appropriate stuff. Can I expect someone to
    > help me?

    TestOut, http://www.testout.com/, has some good computer simulations for
    doing various computer tasks on their study CDs. I used the hardware
    TestOut and scored 827 on my Core Hardware Exam. I wish I'd have had
    TestOut for the OS portion, I only used Mike Meyers AIO for that and scored
    673. I thought the OS test was much harder, but then I've been fooling
    with computer hardware for 20 years now so I've had a lot of experience
    with it. The practice exams that come with the Mike Meyers AIO book are
    good, and the book gives explanations for the questions you don't
    understand. My OS test covered everything from Windows 95 to Windows XP
    with most emphasis on Windows 2000 and XP.

    Some of my actual test questions were at
    http://www.passitnow.com/comptia.html, but you have to be careful there,
    some answers they give are not correct. You can also find helpful info at
    http://www.tomax7.com/aplus/index.htm. Another good site for learning is
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/.

    Depending on how much you already know and how much you need to learn, you
    may need more than just practice questions. IMO, a good instructional book
    such as Mike Meyers All In One is a good starting point.

    Good luck.

    Patty
    A+ 2006

    Patty, Aug 18, 2006

  3. PM Guest

    wrote:
    > A+ book are useless. It doesn't help at all in passing the test. U'll just
    > end up wasting both time and money if u do. A+ books just tells you what you
    > probably already know and doesn't tell you the ones you need to know for the
    > exam..... Best way is to do this: Most local computer tech school provide
    > actual questions and answers to their students but they rip you off too so what
    > you need to do is this. Just goto a local technical school, find out what time
    > the A+ class ends, you wait outside and get a hold of one of the students and
    > tell him you'll give him hundred bucks in exchange for a copy of floppy with
    > actual questions and test. That floppy will contain exact questions and
    > answers for the actual exam. And u'll be able to pass each test in 1.5 minute,
    > like me. That is the best way.
    >
    > A+ certified professional

    A hundred bucks to put a testking pdf on a floppy? I'm not even going
    to get into the whole "braindumps are for idiots" morality debate...that
    right there is just fucking stupid. It's pretty easy to get ahold of
    that shit for free. I'd think a real "A+ certified professional" would
    realize that, but then again, you braindumped your way to an elementary
    certification, so you likely don't know shit.

    PM, Aug 18, 2006
  4. your glory is in your shame...how sad

    Richard

    Art Van Dalay, Aug 19, 2006