    Any body know of a decent PCI Video card that may
    do the trick, or should I not bother.

    -Tom

    ToMh, Oct 8, 2004

  2. ToMh

    Thor Guest

    "ToMh" <> wrote in message
    news:1097254903.vB2DYQvi0GpGBidNoBw3PA@teranews...
    > Probably a stretch, but I would like
    > to get Sims 2 playing on my Daughters PC instead
    > of mine. It's only a 533 Celeron, which works great
    > for her school needs, but doesn't have enough Graphics
    > and maybe Processor power for Sim 2. I'm thinking
    > that if I could get a PCI (yes this does not have an AGP slot)
    > Video card that is DirectX 9 compatible, that maybe it could
    > do an adequate job of running Sims 2 and she won't
    > bug me to buy her a new computer.
    > Any body know of a decent PCI Video card that may
    > do the trick, or should I not bother.

    The *minimum* requirement for Sims2 is an 800Mhz CPU, a 32MB T&L capable
    video card, 256MB of RAM and 3.5GB of free harddrive space. A 533 Celeron
    with *any* video card you buy, still isn't going to cut it. When you see
    the "minimum" requirements listed, that typically means that the game is
    playable at those published minimum specs, but likely will still run pretty
    slow. You are well below even the minimum CPU spec for this game. Time to
    consider a major system upgrade if you want your daughter to be able to play
    most of today's games.

    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Thor, Oct 8, 2004

  3. ToMh

    ToMh Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "ToMh" <> wrote in message
    > > Probably a stretch, but I would like
    > > to get Sims 2 playing on my Daughters PC instead
    > > of mine. It's only a 533 Celeron, which works great
    > > for her school needs, but doesn't have enough Graphics
    > > and maybe Processor power for Sim 2. I'm thinking
    > > that if I could get a PCI (yes this does not have an AGP slot)
    > > Video card that is DirectX 9 compatible, that maybe it could
    > > do an adequate job of running Sims 2 and she won't
    > > bug me to buy her a new computer.
    > > Any body know of a decent PCI Video card that may
    > > do the trick, or should I not bother.

    > The *minimum* requirement for Sims2 is an 800Mhz CPU, a 32MB T&L capable
    > video card, 256MB of RAM and 3.5GB of free harddrive space. A 533 Celeron
    > with *any* video card you buy, still isn't going to cut it. When you see
    > the "minimum" requirements listed, that typically means that the game is
    > playable at those published minimum specs, but likely will still run pretty
    > slow. You are well below even the minimum CPU spec for this game. Time to
    > consider a major system upgrade if you want your daughter to be able to play
    > most of today's games.
    >
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Thanks, I should of looked there first.
    Looks like the CPU won't cut it. This is the only game she plays
    so I'll just let her use my computer till I get around to upgrading hers.

    ToMh, Oct 8, 2004
  4. ToMh

    Bridger987 Guest

    I doubt it. It runs unbelievably slow on my 2.4 GHz Athlon XP/512 MB RAM
    Computer which is relatively new. It also takes up loads of processing power
    and about half of my RAM. I don't recommend trying to put it on.

    - - Bridger

    Bridger987, Oct 12, 2004
  5. ToMh

    Thor Guest

    "Bridger987" <> wrote in message
    >I doubt it. It runs unbelievably slow on my 2.4 GHz Athlon XP/512 MB RAM
    > Computer which is relatively new. It also takes up loads of processing
    > power
    > and about half of my RAM. I don't recommend trying to put it on.

    something's clearly wrong then. It runs *very* well on my nephew's Athlon
    XP2100 512MB RAM Radeon 9600XT.

    Thor, Oct 12, 2004
  6. ToMh

    ToMh Guest

    > I doubt it. It runs unbelievably slow on my 2.4 GHz Athlon XP/512 MB RAM
    > Computer which is relatively new. It also takes up loads of processing power
    > and about half of my RAM. I don't recommend trying to put it on.
    >
    > - - Bridger

    Runs fine on my 1.3 GHz Duran with 256M SDRAM. Your
    Graphics card is probably the weak link.

    ToMh, Oct 12, 2004