simprim problems on modelsim

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saiyijinprince, Mar 30, 2007.

  1. saiyijinprince

    saiyijinprince

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi, I'm new to vhdl and synthesis so please forgive me if my questions seem blatantly obvious.

    I wrote a vhdl model using modelsim and completed the functional simulation with everything working fine.

    I mapped the simprim library and then tried compiling the timesim.vhd file i just get tons of errors like:

    # ** Error: mickey_timesim.vhd(16203): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "init".

    and few others that are similar.

    I only guess that it was caused by the simprim library so then i refreshed it but it did not work.

    I've tried searching for a simprim package for download thinking something may be wrong with the files i used.

    Any ideas would be appreciated, as well as links to the simprim library download for modelsim SE

    Thanks in advance
    saiyijinprince, Mar 30, 2007

  2. saiyijinprince

    kailassenan

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Which Modelsim version u r using?
    If it is Modelsim 6.1SE, then u have to download the latest simprim and unisim libraries from www.mentor.com
    For Modelsim 6.1f, there will be difference in the simprim library compared to 6.1. Kindly check it out in mentor website.
    If still the problem exists, then delete the simprim work library link in the modelsim library window. add manually and map the path like
    C:/mxe6.0d_81isp3_simulation_libraries/xilinx/vhdl/simprim
    or
    C:/mxe6.0d_81isp3_simulation_libraries/xilinx/verilog/simprims_ver
    as library path name
    and
    library name as simprim & simprim_ver respectively

    Download the appropriate simlation libraries comaptible for ISE and Modelsim versions

    :guru:
    kailassenan, Apr 5, 2007

  3. saiyijinprince

    saiyijinprince