    thanks
    anand

    , Apr 17, 2005

  2. BlueRinse Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:51:11 -0700, anandsekar wrote:

    > What hardware would I require for this ?

    How many phones? Existing pbx at one or both?

    The simplest example would be two PC running linux and asterisk

    For the phones, each PC used with

    1 or more ATA to connect 1 or 2 regular phones per unit
    1 or more PC card FXS interfaces to connect 1 phone per interface
    1 or more SIP phones all of which would connect on the LAN

    ATA are around $80-$120
    A card with 4 FXS is around $320 (to plug in 4 regular phones)
    SIP Phones cost between $60-500 with a decent business phone at around
    $200

    Then there's the cost of PC and software setup and voIP services if needed.

    hth

    BlueRinse, Apr 17, 2005

  3. John Nelson Guest

    John Nelson, Apr 17, 2005
  4. Pepperoni Guest

    The simplest solution is to use a software peer-to-peer application between
    the two offices. Two PC headsets or handsets, and you're in business with
    *NO* further cost.

    If you want to interact with regular telephones, a simple Vonage (or similar
    account) with an added softphone for the second location would do. (the
    softphone has 500 outgoing minutes) Calls between the two accounts would
    not be counted.

    There are a lot of free peer-to-peer apps out there. Most offer prepaid
    minutes for calling regular phones at low rates.

    Pepperoni, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Guest

    Hi,
    The best solutions is to go for Asterisk based IPPBX so that you can
    get all PBX features with IP and many more features.

    akh

    , Apr 18, 2005
  6. Guest

    Thanks !

    , Apr 18, 2005
  7. Marc H.Popek Guest

    Marc H.Popek, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Marc H.Popek Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5771583566&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5771236816&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5770259294&ssPageNam

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5770083850&ssPageNam

    Marc H.Popek, May 3, 2005
  9. Marc H.Popek Guest

    These CLT units are back on ebay! New shippment has arrived!
    They move fast.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5776785443&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5776926365&rd=1&sspagenam

    Marc H.Popek, May 23, 2005
  10. Marc H.Popek Guest

    You can build -up a switch matrix to join multiple voip and pstn lines using
    the Combin-a-line units

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781745368&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    excerpt from listing

    COMBINE-A-LINE .. Imagine..1=2

    Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
    machine, caller ID or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?.. Automatically?

    OR

    How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack
    into a single handset?

    OR

    USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
    well!

    OR

    see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a
    telco call???

    THEN...........................................

    Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to
    be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and
    PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your
    home office or for the family.

    Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company including
    Caller ID. It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are
    Protecting your equipment.

    Use combine-aline to automatically switch between VOIP and pots (rboc) plain
    local line, hands free!.

    SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
    picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
    just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call.
    The LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

    Easy to use, No batteries or power supply, and no programming needed! Our
    re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome
    power supply wires, reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected
    to household power supplies"

    Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires
    with Combine-A-Line.

    USE BUY NOW and get FREE SHIPPING

    Marc H.Popek, Jun 13, 2005