    recommend a simple .mpg editing tool, even a share ware or free one that
    might do this?

    thanks

    trs80, Mar 29, 2007

  2. "trs80" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I converted some tapes to DVD .mpg files. The application does a nice job
    >of adding a title and buring to fit on a DVD. But I need also to do some
    >simple edits like remove the tail end of a file that is just noise. Can
    >you recommend a simple .mpg editing tool, even a share ware or free one
    >that might do this?

    Video ReDo. $50, but free for 2 weeks...but WELL worth the $50.

    Hole In The Earth \(I'm Out\), Mar 30, 2007

  3. On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:57:07 GMT, "trs80" <> wrote:

    >I converted some tapes to DVD .mpg files. The application does a nice job
    >of adding a title and buring to fit on a DVD. But I need also to do some
    >simple edits like remove the tail end of a file that is just noise. Can you
    >recommend a simple .mpg editing tool, even a share ware or free one that
    >might do this?
    >
    >thanks

    ZS4 Video Editor, the new incarnation of Zwei-Stein Video Editor, is
    advanced video editing and compositing software with over 150 built-in
    video effects.

    http://www.zs4.net/

    OR.........

    Wax is a high performance and flexible video compositing and special
    effects software. The idea for Wax is to be very general purpose and
    flexible in video compositing and effects, so that you can compose
    your dream video sequence with ease everytime.

    Wax can create 2D & 3D special effects and can work in two modes - as
    a standalone application which would appeal for home users/beginners,
    and as a "plug-in" to video editors/NLEs which would be more useful
    for professional editors. Currently Wax can work as a plug-in with
    Sony Vegas®, Pure Motion EditStudio and Adobe Premiere® and work for
    integrating with various other NLEs is in progress.

    http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

    -Art- (not Art)

    -Art- (not Art)

    -Art- (not Art), Mar 30, 2007
  4. trs80

    hanaku

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2007
    Messages:
    10
    You can also use MP3DirectCut. That worked beautifully!

    hanaku, Mar 30, 2007
  5. trs80

    Stuart Guest

    "trs80" <> wrote in message
    >I converted some tapes to DVD .mpg files. The application does a nice job
    >of adding a title and buring to fit on a DVD. But I need also to do some
    >simple edits like remove the tail end of a file that is just noise. Can
    >you recommend a simple .mpg editing tool, even a share ware or free one
    >that might do this?
    >
    > thanks

    The following are MPG Editors are freeware and fairly straightforward to use

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Cuttermaran

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Mpg2Cut2

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Mpeg2Schnitt

    Stuart, Mar 30, 2007