    Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    How about huge, whopping?
    joevan, Nov 15, 2010

  2. joevan <> inquireth thusly:

    > What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    > Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or
    > other this morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    > How about huge, whopping?

    Infinity! Or, maybe my penis... I'll get back
    at you after I talk to a couple of wimmins around here.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
    an-nnnn-dh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010

  3. joevan

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:

    > What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    > Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    > morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    > How about huge, whopping?

    This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    snot. NO!
    --
    11/15/2010 10:07:14 AM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo38, Nov 15, 2010
  4. joevan

    Ferd Berfle Guest

    "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >> How about huge, whopping?

    > This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    > only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    > snot. NO!

    bushcricketballs!

    Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account for
    up to 14% of its body weight.

    It is the animal with the biggest testicles in relation to its body weight,
    they write in Biology Letters.

    more/source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11718029
    Ferd Berfle, Nov 15, 2010
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:22:01 -0500, "Ferd Berfle" <>
    wrote:

    >"Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>> How about huge, whopping?

    >> This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    >> only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    >> snot. NO!
    >>

    >bushcricketballs!
    >
    >Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account for
    >up to 14% of its body weight.
    >
    >It is the animal with the biggest testicles in relation to its body weight,
    >they write in Biology Letters.
    >
    >more/source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11718029

    I have a free gift for you. But you have to get it in person.
    joevan, Nov 15, 2010
  6. joevan

    anyone Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:

    > What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large? Someone on CNN was talking
    > about a big huge something or other this morning. What do you think of
    > double adjectives? How about huge, whopping?

    It's all a desperate attempt on the part of media types to find one or more
    ways to intensify their message, and more often then not, they choose word
    combinations that don't make much sense (e.g. -- "massive hole"). Ironically,
    they mostly succeed in demonstrating their own badly impoverished vocabulary.
    anyone, Nov 15, 2010
  7. Ferd Berfle <> via

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>> How about huge, whopping?

    >> This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    >> only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    >> snot. NO!
    >>

    > bushcricketballs!
    >
    > Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account
    > for up to 14% of its body weight.
    >
    > It is the animal with the biggest testicles in relation to its body
    > weight, they write in Biology Letters.
    >
    > more/source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11718029

    On a remote mission to a remote area of a remote country in a remote
    river, I once was taking a remote bath, strickly according to the 'Remote
    Bathing Field Manual' (RBFM), issued to all military on remote assignments,
    when I heard a remote noise, so I spun around so fast that my male-genitals
    swung around with such speed, momentum and force that my penis squashed an
    entire colonly of bushcricketballs to death; and I was almost brought up on
    charges and courts-marshalled by the civilian liberals and powers-that-be,
    under the incessant lobbying of PETA and other communist groups, for the
    near extinction of that colony of bushcricketballs, under the charge of
    "involuntary genocide".

    Had a *good* lawyer to get out of *that* one...

    From then on, I was required to post highly visable "Warning" signs in the
    native language(s) when I'm remote nekkid bathing in remote rivers of
    remote areas on remote missions.

    So, the moral of the story is : You may *think* you, or something else, is
    very big, but if you don't read and heed the "Warning" signs, you may get
    squashed and exterminated by Bucky's big swinging dick.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010
  8. joevan

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ferd Berfle wrote:

    > bushcricketballs!
    >
    > Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account for
    > up to 14% of its body weight.
    >
    > It is the animal with the biggest testicles in relation to its body weight,
    > they write in Biology Letters.

    There is something paradoxical about a male critter we call a katydid
    having big balls.

    Is that anything like the story of a boy named Sue?

    "bushcrickets (also known as katydids)"

    katydid Synonyms * (UK): bush-cricket

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 15, 2010
  9. joevan

    wrote:

    >What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >How about huge, whopping?

    Better is always better than best.
    , Nov 15, 2010
  10. joevan

    Tim Conway Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>How about huge, whopping?

    > Better is always better than best.

    Agreed. Better will better your best. :)
    Tim Conway, Nov 15, 2010
  11. <> sayeth thusly:

    > joevan <> riddled this:
    >
    >> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something
    >> or other this morning. What do you think of double
    >> adjectives?
    >> How about huge, whopping?

    > Better is always better than best.

    'I Can't Believe It's Not Better' has fewer calories;
    thus, sometimes fewer is better; then, best might be none;
    and, none is as little as it gets; so, "biggest" might
    be none at all, if you're thinking like that for the
    holidays, especially. Like "The biggest gift you can
    give them is to give them nothing at all." See, then
    they don't have to worry about what to give you back,
    or all that wondering if you like it, and stuff. I'm going
    to have to plan on watching CNN less now, and that's a
    big step; but, I don't know if it's the biggest step
    until I'm actually done doing the stepping.

    HTH

    A huge whopping would be bigger than just a whopping;
    and if ALL whoppings seemed big at the time, then yet
    another adjective might be deemed necessary to convey,
    or symbolize, the idea the speaker was attempting to
    transmit to the intended audience. It's like going to
    Burger King and ordering a "Whopper"... and the voice
    in the little box says "wood you like that in a large;
    or wood you like to supersize that?" I have gone
    "WTF?" to myself silently, and driven over to Wendy's.

    HTH2

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010
  12. joevan

    Ian Field Guest

    "Ferd Berfle" <> wrote in message

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>> How about huge, whopping?

    >> This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    >> only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    >> snot. NO!
    >>

    > bushcricketballs!
    >
    > Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account
    > for up to 14% of its body weight.

    Having seen the size of mothballs I wonder how moths manage to fly.
    Ian Field, Nov 15, 2010
  13. joevan

    Ian Field Guest

    "anyone" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large? Someone on CNN was talking
    >> about a big huge something or other this morning. What do you think of
    >> double adjectives? How about huge, whopping?

    > It's all a desperate attempt on the part of media types to find one or
    > more
    > ways to intensify their message, and more often then not, they choose word
    > combinations that don't make much sense (e.g. -- "massive hole").
    > Ironically,
    > they mostly succeed in demonstrating their own badly impoverished
    > vocabulary.

    Or you can append "zilla" to the end of things;

    eg turdzilla - you have to beat it to death with a stick before it'll flush!
    Ian Field, Nov 15, 2010
  14. joevan

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:22:01 -0500, Ferd Berfle wrote:

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>> How about huge, whopping?

    >> This thing was so big it was actually humongous. This thing was not
    >> only big, it was gigantic. A whopping huge big as life ball of dried
    >> snot. NO!
    >>

    > bushcricketballs!
    >
    > Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account for
    > up to 14% of its body weight.
    >
    > It is the animal with the biggest testicles in relation to its body weight,
    > they write in Biology Letters.
    >
    > more/source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11718029

    <g> Is that Bush as in Plant or as in President? :)
    --
    11/15/2010 11:53:20 AM CST
    Old Gringo38, Nov 15, 2010
  15. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    anyone <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan wrote:

    >> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large? Someone on CNN was talking
    >> about a big huge something or other this morning. What do you think of
    >> double adjectives? How about huge, whopping?

    >It's all a desperate attempt on the part of media types to find one or more
    >ways to intensify their message, and more often then not, they choose word
    >combinations that don't make much sense (e.g. -- "massive hole"). Ironically,
    >they mostly succeed in demonstrating their own badly impoverished vocabulary.

    My favorite is trying to expand the apparent scale by using the
    term "quantum leap".

    Mike "the smallest single movement anything can make" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Nov 15, 2010
  16. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:58:13 -0500, joevan <>
    >wrote:

    >>What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >>Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >>morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >>How about huge, whopping?

    >Better is always better than best.

    Bitter butter will make your batter better.

    Mike "or so I've heard" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Nov 15, 2010
  17. joevan

    nut Guest

    On 15/11/2010 15:58, joevan wrote:
    > What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    > Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    > morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    > How about huge, whopping?

    Huge is bigger than large.

    hth
    nut, Nov 18, 2010
  18. joevan

    Ian Field Guest

    "nut" <> wrote in message
    > On 15/11/2010 15:58, joevan wrote:
    >> What is biggest a big, huge or a big, large?
    >> Someone on CNN was talking about a big huge something or other this
    >> morning. What do you think of double adjectives?
    >> How about huge, whopping?

    > Huge is bigger than large.
    >
    > hth

    Enormouse is a very large mouse.