    and unchecked a couple things to see if my computer boots up better. My
    question is this...

    What is the MINUMUM to have checked and have the computer still boot up ok?

    CLV3, Sep 3, 2004

  2. CLV3

    JJW Guest

    on a freshly installed xp system, there will be nothing in the startup tab.
    I would uncheck everything, then boot up, then see what doesn't work, and
    then check the items to get those things running. for instance, if u boot
    up, and norton antivirus gives u an error, you could go and check ccApp and
    ccRegvfy since those are used by norton anti-virus. if u suspect spyware is
    running on ur system, and u are trying to get spyware to stop loading at
    startup, run msconfig from safemode otherwise, it may re-enable itself.

    JJW, Sep 4, 2004

  3. CLV3

    Kenny Guest

    Look here:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindowsstartup.htm

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Sep 4, 2004
  4. CLV3

    BGates Guest

    Just google it. One by one, you will be able to figure out what does
    what. It may be tedious, but it will help you out the next time you do
    it.

    In article <p66_c.36$9P4.16@trndny02>, says...

    BGates, Sep 8, 2004
  5. the /bare/ minimum?

    io.sys
    msdos.sys
    config.sys
    command.com
    autoexec.bat

    that's pretty much all you need to boot up a wintendo machine. btw, in
    case you're wondering, windoze is still dos.
    --
    Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

    Solomon Kozanski, Sep 21, 2004