    many thanks in advance for any advice.
    kj

    , Mar 31, 2006

  2. atec77 Guest

    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

    http://www.videohelp.com/

    atec77, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Bob Guest

    On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:49:01 +1000, atec77 <atec77**@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

    >http://www.videohelp.com/

    CDFreaks has forums on the NEC and hacked firmware.

    --
    "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
    It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

    Bob, Mar 31, 2006
  4. On 3/31/2006, posted this:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apologies in advance, but I've looked for answers online and I was
    > hoping that someone could give me a straight answer to this common
    > problem:
    >
    > my laptop has got a NEC ND-6450A dvd+-rw. At some point recently, the
    > region limit has locked onto Region 1, which is a pain because I have a
    > collection of dvd's from many different regions.
    >
    > Obviously I want to make the drive region-free, without screwing it up
    > permanently. I've already got an RPC1 firmware flash program for my
    > model #, also a DVD Region Killer program, etc etc... have also heard
    > about changing the registry value to reset region changes. Haven't done
    > ANY of the above yet!
    >
    > Anyone have advice about the simplest way to get my PC back to reading
    > different regions without messing up the computer and/or running into
    > other problems from my OS or other software? Either from what I've
    > already thought of or possibly another solution...
    >
    > many thanks in advance for any advice.
    > kj

    The any region software (there are several; I use DVD Region-Free)
    should solve your problem painlessly, though at a cost of a few dollars
    ($30, IIRC).

    Gino

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)