    picture was taken sideways. How can I keep the file as is including
    resolution after the rotation? Thanks.

    Yong Huang
    yong321 at yahoo.com

    Yong Huang, Feb 25, 2008

  2. Yong Huang

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: Simple question: How to retain file size after just rotatingimage

    Yong Huang wrote:
    > I use IrfanView to open a 1265KB jpg file and rotate the image 90
    > degrees. If I save it with best quality (100 under JPEG/GIF save
    > options), the file size becomes 2086KB. I don't want to over- or under-
    > sample the image. All I need is to rotate the image because the
    > picture was taken sideways. How can I keep the file as is including
    > resolution after the rotation? Thanks.

    Shift-J does lossless jpeg rotating for my version. No saving involved.
    It's in the Options drop-down.

    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2008

  3. Yong Huang

    Yong Huang Guest

    On Feb 24, 10:59 pm, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > Yong Huang wrote:
    > > I use IrfanView to open a 1265KB jpg file and rotate the image 90
    > > degrees. If I save it with best quality (100 under JPEG/GIF save
    > > options), the file size becomes 2086KB. I don't want to over- or under-
    > > sample the image. All I need is to rotate the image because the
    > > picture was taken sideways. How can I keep the file as is including
    > > resolution after the rotation? Thanks.

    > Shift-J does lossless jpeg rotating for my version. No saving involved.
    > It's in the Options drop-down.

    Thanks, Paul. I downloaded Jpg_transform.dll into plugins folder and
    it worked. The new file after image rotation is slightly smaller
    though, for instance, 4,750 vs the original 4,989 bytes, 334,353 vs
    346,081 bytes. But that's good enough.

    Yong Huang

    Yong Huang, Feb 25, 2008