    Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

    Thanks
    Tom

    twfsa, Sep 13, 2004

  2. twfsa

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "twfsa" <> wrote in news:zif1d.42005$Ka6.11577@okepread03:

    > Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

    As in, "restart the computer" or "reboot the computer"? Nothing. Two ways
    of saying the same thing.

    Jim Berwick, Sep 13, 2004

  3. twfsa

    VWWall Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:
    > "twfsa" <> wrote in news:zif1d.42005$Ka6.11577@okepread03:
    >

    >>Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?
    >>

    > As in, "restart the computer" or "reboot the computer"? Nothing. Two ways
    > of saying the same thing.

    Jim, I think he may mean when you restart only Windows, vs a "cold"
    re-boot which goes through the complete POST before "restarting
    Windows". There is a difference in these two cases.

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........

    VWWall, Sep 13, 2004
  4. twfsa

    VWWall Guest

    twfsa wrote:

    > Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?

    You can restart only Windows, (or any other operating system), which
    skips the POST, (Power on System Test), which is done when you start the
    computer by turning on the power or hitting the "reset" button.
    Otherwise the two are the same.

    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Sep 13, 2004
  5. twfsa wrote:

    > Whats the difference between re-start and re-boot?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tom

    One has the word 'start' in it, the other has 'boot'. No other difference.

    Cunning Linguist, Sep 13, 2004