    AntiSpamBloke
    'From' address is a spamtrap.
    Direct email: asb-at-emailssl.com.
    AntiSpamBloke, Sep 10, 2007

  2. AntiSpamBloke

    alexd Guest

    AntiSpamBloke wrote:

    > Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    > to a Truphone number, eg ?

    If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't even
    need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What SIP
    client are you using?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:48:23 up 55 days, 3:34, 2 users, load average: 0.69, 0.67, 0.69
    alexd, Sep 10, 2007

  3. "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > AntiSpamBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    >> to a Truphone number, eg ?

    > If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't
    > even
    > need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What SIP
    > client are you using?
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 21:48:23 up 55 days, 3:34, 2 users, load average: 0.69, 0.67, 0.69
    > 09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

    I could do with a pointer as to which one to use.

    Many thanks

    AntiSpamBloke, Sep 10, 2007
  4. AntiSpamBloke

    alexd Guest

    AntiSpamBloke wrote:

    > "alexd" <> wrote in message
    >> AntiSpamBloke wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    >>> to a Truphone number, eg ?

    >> If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't
    >> even need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What
    >> SIP client are you using?

    > I could do with a pointer as to which one to use.

    X-lite is the usual suggestion, as it runs just about anywhere. Also, some
    SIP handsets and ATAs allow one to dial SIP addresses.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    23:11:52 up 55 days, 4:58, 2 users, load average: 0.35, 0.40, 0.42
    alexd, Sep 10, 2007
  5. AntiSpamBloke

    andy Guest

    On Sep 10, 10:16 pm, "AntiSpamBloke" <> wrote:
    > "alexd" <> wrote in message

    > > AntiSpamBloke wrote:

    > >> Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    > >> to a Truphone number, eg ?

    > > If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't
    > > even
    > > need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What SIP
    > > client are you using?

    > I could do with a pointer as to which one to use.
    >
    > Many thanks

    no experience myself, but some of this might be useful

    http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-support/2247-voiptalk-org-truphone-com-sip-address-woes.html

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=9091450#post9091450

    http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?p=1996#post1996
    andy, Sep 13, 2007
  6. AntiSpamBloke

    andy Guest

    On Sep 13, 3:15 am, andy <> wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 10:16 pm, "AntiSpamBloke" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "alexd" <> wrote in message

    > > > If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't
    > > > even
    > > > need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What SIP
    > > > client are you using?

    > > I could do with a pointer as to which one to use.

    > > Many thanks

    > no experience myself, but some of this might be useful
    >
    > http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-support/2247-voiptalk-org-truphone-c...
    >
    > http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=9091450#post9091450
    >
    > http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?p=1996#post1996- Hide quoted text -

    my apologies, it seems some of that is a bit out of date

    http://www.goebel.net/technews/2007/08/no-truphone-over-fring-anymore.html
    andy, Sep 13, 2007
  7. AntiSpamBloke

    andy Guest

    On Sep 10, 9:49 pm, alexd <> wrote:
    > AntiSpamBloke wrote:
    > > Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    > > to a Truphone number, eg ?

    > If Truphone allow direct SIP calls in to their members, then you won't even
    > need a service provider at all in order to make calls to them. What SIP
    > client are you using?

    sorry to keep adding posts, but it seems that it is Voiptalk and
    others who are not allowing the calls, but Truphone suggest FWD should
    be ok

    http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?t=1424
    andy, Sep 13, 2007
  8. AntiSpamBloke

    Herman Guest

    "AntiSpamBloke" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any VoIP provider which will allow me to make a direct SIP call
    > a Truphone number, eg ?
    >
    > Many thanks

    Voxalot can do this in conjunction with any ata (so long as truphone accept
    incoming from other domains). They use SipBroker, and SipBroker can also be
    accessed via PSTN numbers. As posted elsewhere in this thread, you do not
    in theory need a VSP to do this, but if your problem is that you want to be
    able to access via a telephone keypad, then voxalot or sipbroker could be
    the answer.

    Sipbroker works by assigning a diallable code to the domain, and if you have
    a diallable user ID (as truphone has) then this should work..

    Big caveat of course is if truphone accept incoming from other domains. If
    not, then you will need to check if they have any peering agreements with
    other vsps.
    Herman, Sep 14, 2007