Simple pixelation of faces for anonymity?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Scott Marquardt, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Followups set to alt.graphics.photoshop

    Our social service organization is trying out Picasa and Hello, which work
    well together for our purposes. However, some of our photographs invariably
    include people we're not authorized to include if the images go beyond
    internal use. I'm thinking of crowd shots -- 20 people in a picture and
    there's one whose image just can't "go public," for legal reasons -- but
    someone wants to use the picture.

    Most image editing software provides methods which would work to obscure
    identity by pixelating or blurring facial features. However, since Picasa
    might be a one-stop shop for most of our people (it's editing features are
    adequate with this single exception), we don't want to deploy anything in
    the general photo editing software dept.

    I'm looking for a darned simple application that a user could dash into,
    fuzz a face with a few clicks, and dash out of again.

    Anything like that in the market?

    --

    Scott
    Scott Marquardt, Jan 24, 2005