    hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    simple as I need. TIA

    dOTdASH
    dOTdASH, Jan 24, 2004

  2. dOTdASH

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:31:03 +1300, "dOTdASH"
    <> wrote:

    >I need a simple utility which will constantly ping a single IP address every
    >'x' seconds ad-infinitum. I don't need fancy graphs of return times etc etc,
    >just the constant ping ping ping ping. Can anybody point me to some freeware
    >which fits the bill and runs on WinXP ? I've checked tucows.com (which is no
    >longer the great site it used to be), davecentral.com (now freshmeat),
    >hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    >simple as I need. TIA

    erm, XP comes with this great little utility called "ping". Use "ping
    -t <target> to make it ping forever.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Jan 24, 2004

  3. dOTdASH

    Malcolm Guest

    dOTdASH wrote:
    > I need a simple utility which will constantly ping a single IP address every
    > 'x' seconds ad-infinitum. I don't need fancy graphs of return times etc etc,
    > just the constant ping ping ping ping. Can anybody point me to some freeware
    > which fits the bill and runs on WinXP ? I've checked tucows.com (which is no
    > longer the great site it used to be), davecentral.com (now freshmeat),
    > hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    > simple as I need. TIA
    >
    > dOTdASH

    Hi
    - Start the scheduler service
    - Open a command window
    - create a batch file using the `at` command eg;

    at 01:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    at 02:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    etc...

    - Save the batch file and then add a new schedule via the GUI and
    program it to run your batch file once per day, this will then load your
    at commands to run at your scheduled times.

    You can check that your schedule has loaded via a command window and
    typing at <enter> at the prompt of at /? for help.

    Cheers
    Malcolm
    Malcolm, Jan 24, 2004
  4. dOTdASH

    Malcolm Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > dOTdASH wrote:
    >
    >> I need a simple utility which will constantly ping a single IP address
    >> every
    >> 'x' seconds ad-infinitum. I don't need fancy graphs of return times
    >> etc etc,
    >> just the constant ping ping ping ping. Can anybody point me to some
    >> freeware
    >> which fits the bill and runs on WinXP ? I've checked tucows.com (which
    >> is no
    >> longer the great site it used to be), davecentral.com (now freshmeat),
    >> hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    >> simple as I need. TIA
    >>
    >> dOTdASH
    >>

    > Hi
    > - Start the scheduler service
    > - Open a command window
    > - create a batch file using the `at` command eg;
    >
    > at 01:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    > at 02:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    > etc...
    >
    > - Save the batch file and then add a new schedule via the GUI and
    > program it to run your batch file once per day, this will then load your
    > at commands to run at your scheduled times.
    >
    > You can check that your schedule has loaded via a command window and
    > typing at <enter> at the prompt of at /? for help.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Malcolm

    oops forgot to at the -n 1 so it only pings once

    at 01:00 ping -n 1 192.168.0.1
    Malcolm, Jan 24, 2004
  5. dOTdASH

    dOTdASH Guest

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > Malcolm wrote:
    > > dOTdASH wrote:
    > >
    > >> I need a simple utility which will constantly ping a single IP address
    > >> every
    > >> 'x' seconds ad-infinitum. I don't need fancy graphs of return times
    > >> etc etc,
    > >> just the constant ping ping ping ping. Can anybody point me to some
    > >> freeware
    > >> which fits the bill and runs on WinXP ? I've checked tucows.com (which
    > >> is no
    > >> longer the great site it used to be), davecentral.com (now freshmeat),
    > >> hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    > >> simple as I need. TIA
    > >>
    > >> dOTdASH
    > >>

    > > Hi
    > > - Start the scheduler service
    > > - Open a command window
    > > - create a batch file using the `at` command eg;
    > >
    > > at 01:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    > > at 02:00 ping 192.168.0.1
    > > etc...
    > >
    > > - Save the batch file and then add a new schedule via the GUI and
    > > program it to run your batch file once per day, this will then load your
    > > at commands to run at your scheduled times.
    > >
    > > You can check that your schedule has loaded via a command window and
    > > typing at <enter> at the prompt of at /? for help.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Malcolm
    > >

    > oops forgot to at the -n 1 so it only pings once
    >
    > at 01:00 ping -n 1 192.168.0.1

    perfect ! thanks for your help (and thanks to Enkidu too)
    dOTdASH, Jan 24, 2004
  6. dOTdASH

    Ray Greene Guest

    Ray Greene, Jan 24, 2004
  7. dOTdASH

    dOTdASH Guest

    "dOTdASH" <> wrote in message
    > I need a simple utility which will constantly ping a single IP address

    every
    > 'x' seconds ad-infinitum. I don't need fancy graphs of return times etc

    etc,
    > just the constant ping ping ping ping. Can anybody point me to some

    freeware
    > which fits the bill and runs on WinXP ? I've checked tucows.com (which is

    no
    > longer the great site it used to be), davecentral.com (now freshmeat),
    > hotfiles.com (average) and shareware.com and haven't found anything as
    > simple as I need. TIA
    >
    > dOTdASH

    After further analysis I decided I _did_ need fancy graphs etc so I'm back
    trawling the shareware sites :) So far I can recommend NeoTrace as being a
    cool piece of software
    dOTdASH, Jan 24, 2004
  8. dOTdASH

    Edmond Lo Guest

    I used one before call IP Ultra Monitor.

    http://filedudes.siol.net/win95/pingapp/ipmon.html

    Not to bad.

    Edmond Lo, Jan 26, 2004
  9. dOTdASH

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "dOTdASH" <> wrote in

    > After further analysis I decided I _did_ need fancy graphs etc so I'm
    > back trawling the shareware sites :) So far I can recommend NeoTrace
    > as being a cool piece of software

    http://www.serverscheck.com/

    They have a free version, should do what you want.
    Ciao,Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 28, 2004