    Thanks!

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    SleeperMan, Jan 8, 2006

  2. SleeperMan

    MaryL Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    news:sfgwf.21143$...
    >I wonder...if there's any simple software which would allow me to have a
    >list and thumbnails of all my photos (stored on CD's) available and make
    >searching easy and fast. I just want to be organized by groups, showing
    >only thumbs and locations of each image. Quite similar like PicaJet, except
    >this one stores thumbs wiht awful low resolution (it shows better only when
    >i insert dedicated CD), so any program which would save thumbs in
    >windows-like resolution, in short, PicaJet with a bit bigger thumbnail
    >resolution? Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    I like ThumbsPlus (although it has a number of features in addition to what
    you specified -- basic editing and slide show, for example). It's easy to
    use, great for organizing photos by categories, and has good support.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Jan 8, 2006

  3. SleeperMan

    gambo1953 Guest

    SleeperMan wrote:
    > I wonder...if there's any simple software which would allow me to have a
    > list and thumbnails of all my photos (stored on CD's) available and make
    > searching easy and fast. I just want to be organized by groups, showing only
    > thumbs and locations of each image. Quite similar like PicaJet, except this
    > one stores thumbs wiht awful low resolution (it shows better only when i
    > insert dedicated CD), so any program which would save thumbs in windows-like
    > resolution, in short, PicaJet with a bit bigger thumbnail resolution?
    > Thanks!

    I like and use Archive XCreator v3.0.

    gambo1953, Jan 9, 2006
  4. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    MaryL wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> I wonder...if there's any simple software which would allow me to
    >> have a list and thumbnails of all my photos (stored on CD's)
    >> available and make searching easy and fast. I just want to be
    >> organized by groups, showing only thumbs and locations of each
    >> image. Quite similar like PicaJet, except this one stores thumbs
    >> wiht awful low resolution (it shows better only when i insert
    >> dedicated CD), so any program which would save thumbs in
    >> windows-like resolution, in short, PicaJet with a bit bigger
    >> thumbnail resolution? Thanks! --
    >> Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    >>

    > I like ThumbsPlus (although it has a number of features in addition
    > to what you specified -- basic editing and slide show, for example). It's
    > easy to use, great for organizing photos by categories, and has
    > good support.
    > MaryL

    tons of features...but includes what i need. Great. I did find PicaJet, but
    it has very low-quality thumbs, almost not usable. Many thanks.

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    SleeperMan, Jan 9, 2006
  5. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    gambo1953 wrote:
    > SleeperMan wrote:
    >> I wonder...if there's any simple software which would allow me to
    >> have a list and thumbnails of all my photos (stored on CD's)
    >> available and make searching easy and fast. I just want to be
    >> organized by groups, showing only thumbs and locations of each
    >> image. Quite similar like PicaJet, except this one stores thumbs
    >> wiht awful low resolution (it shows better only when i insert
    >> dedicated CD), so any program which would save thumbs in
    >> windows-like resolution, in short, PicaJet with a bit bigger
    >> thumbnail resolution? Thanks!

    > I like and use Archive XCreator v3.0.

    I have yet to find it...Google seems can't...thanks

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    SleeperMan, Jan 9, 2006
  6. SleeperMan

    > MaryL wrote:
    >> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >>> I wonder...if there's any simple software which would allow me to
    >>> have a list and thumbnails of all my photos (stored on CD's)
    >>> available and make searching easy and fast. I just want to be
    >>> organized by groups, showing only thumbs and locations of each
    >>> image. Quite similar like PicaJet, except this one stores thumbs
    >>> wiht awful low resolution (it shows better only when i insert
    >>> dedicated CD), so any program which would save thumbs in
    >>> windows-like resolution, in short, PicaJet with a bit bigger
    >>> thumbnail resolution? Thanks! --
    >>> Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    >>>

    >> I like ThumbsPlus (although it has a number of features in addition
    >> to what you specified -- basic editing and slide show, for example). It's
    >> easy to use, great for organizing photos by categories, and has
    >> good support.
    >> MaryL

    > tons of features...but includes what i need. Great. I did find PicaJet,
    > but it has very low-quality thumbs, almost not usable. Many thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

    One thing that may interest you is that you can easily customize the size of
    thumbnails -- in Preferences > Thumbnail View.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Jan 9, 2006
  7. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    MaryL wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> MaryL wrote:
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> I like ThumbsPlus (although it has a number of features in addition
    >>> to what you specified -- basic editing and slide show, for
    >>> example). It's easy to use, great for organizing photos by
    >>> categories, and has good support.
    >>> MaryL

    >> tons of features...but includes what i need. Great. I did find
    >> PicaJet, but it has very low-quality thumbs, almost not usable. Many
    >> thanks. --
    >> Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    >>

    > One thing that may interest you is that you can easily customize the
    > size of thumbnails -- in Preferences > Thumbnail View.
    >
    > MaryL

    Yep. Found. And, what's more...it remembers ALL CD's ever scanned...so you
    can browse between thumbs there, too.
    Great stuff indeed. Thanks again!

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com