    to wade thru
    my heads busted !

    PAUL
    Bluesky, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Bluesky wrote:

    > I know it simple but I cant get it to work !!!

    > onMouseover="this.style.color='#ff0000'"

    Rather than use code that doesn't work when JavaScript is disabled, try
    this:

    In the <head> section, place:

    a:link {
    background-color: transparent;
    color: #0000cd; /* blue */
    }
    a:visited {
    background-color: transparent;
    color: #800080; /* purple */
    }
    a:hover {
    background-color: #ffffcc; /* an extra highlight */
    color: #ff0000; /* the red you like */
    }

    For the HTML:

    <a

    > The above works fine ,

    only if JavaScript is available or enabled.

    > but i am trying to add subject and also CC to a
    > second address , say mywebsite2 !

    It is not recommended that you do this with mailto: links.
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html/browse_frm/thread/1a737cd7f1e36638/5d3800437409bf78?tvc=1&q=mailto+broken+subject+cc&hl=en#5d3800437409bf78>

    > anybody proffer the code , i tried some tutorials etc , but theres so much
    > to wade thru my heads busted !

    It is also not a wise idea to change the color of links to anything
    other than the default colors, as that is what all those clueless
    visitors are used to seeing. Anything else - especially if you take away
    the underline - they will miss.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 4, 2006

  3. Bluesky

    Mitch Guest

    In article <1ghzap90qvrge.1ch5r78g9uk85$>, Beauregard T.
    Shagnasty <> wrote:

    > It is also not a wise idea to change the color of links to anything
    > other than the default colors, as that is what all those clueless
    > visitors are used to seeing. Anything else - especially if you take away
    > the underline - they will miss.

    I'll echo this comment.
    It's fine to have an idea of how you want the page to look, but you are
    building something that is supposed to be good for the visitor, not for
    yourself.
    Same reason for common spelling and grammar rules -- your meaning can
    be understood because the expected and common rules are followed.

    It's good to follow common practices, especially where they don't make
    a lot of difference to you; it'll make the site seem better.
    Where differences do make a lot of difference, just remember to explain
    yourself ("all passive verbs on this page are in red 5 pt type").
    Mitch, Jan 4, 2006