    and majored in computer science back in 2001

    I read all the posts in here and seem to like Michael Alligood and Montreal
    MCT's posts in here. Both guys seem really knowledgeable.
    Keith Chilton, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Yes thank you for telling me that microsoft.com would be a good reference to
    find that out. I am happy for your accomplishment that was so easy for you

    Keith Chilton, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Hey Keith. Lets take a look at your questions in order:

    Is Simple File Sharing all that is possible in XP Home Edition? Yes.
    Only Windows XP Professional supports file-level access control, mostly
    because this feature is typically implemented through Group Policy
    Objects, which are also not available in Home Edition. By default, you
    cannot turn off Simple File Sharing within Windows XP Home Edition. Only
    in Windows XP Professional. Which bring us up to your next question:
    What is the differences between XP Home and Professional? Since I do not
    want to type it all out and recreate the wheel (hey, I am still feeling
    the effects of Thanksgiving dinner!), here is a good article by Paul
    Thurrott; http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

    Thanks you for the kind words regarding my posts here. If there is
    anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to
    contact me via posts or email. Good luck on your test!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 26, 2006
  4. Thanks Michael I'll look into that link and it's nice to meet you! Thanks
    for letting me know about the simple file sharing / home edition thing.
    That's what I figured

    Keith Chilton, Nov 26, 2006