    for commercial software.

    TIA.

    -S-
    Steve Freides, May 27, 2004

  2. Steve Freides wrote:
    > I'm looking for something that might be a step up from the built-in
    > Paint but don't really need much more, just something on which I can
    > scribble a drawing on a touch-screen laptop so that I can then send the
    > drawing back to the office.
    >
    > Any shareware recommendations are appreciated, as are recommendations
    > for commercial software.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > -S-

    Just a thought, but I bought a small usb tablet which both
    had the software that would probably suit your needs and
    allows me to draw with a pen rather than a mouse. You could
    maybe use the tablet on your desktop PC and put the software
    on both - (provided you could find a package that allowed
    per user rather than per machine licencing - which the one I
    bought does).

    Mine came from Maplins and was about 20 GBP, if I remember
    right. It also has a "ball-less" wireless mini mouse that is
    the best I have ever used.

    Not that using a pen has turned me into an artist - well,
    maybe it now looks like a 5 year old's work rather than a 5
    month old's.. :)
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 27, 2004

  3. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    Photofiltre is free. The web site is in French, but
    there's an English version available.

    http://photofiltre.free.fr/

    English version:
    http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:48:11 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Freides scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 27, 2004
  4. Steve Freides

    diesel_fuel Guest

    http://www.goosee.com/

    In article <>,
    says...

    diesel_fuel, May 28, 2004
  5. Downloaded and installed this, looks like it might be what we need.
    Will report back in a day or three.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 2, 2004