    I want something simple... basically a drag and drop app...
    preferrably free. Any suggestions?

    TIA

    Lukus, Mar 2, 2009

  2. Lukus

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Lukus <> wrote in message
    news::

    > I need a program that will allow me to easily cut and paste part of an
    > image onto a new blank page.
    >
    > For example, say I have several JPG files containing mugshots of
    > people and I want to be able to cut out a mugshot and paste it onto
    > this new page and repeat the process until I've added a few mugshots
    > to the new page.
    >
    > I want something simple... basically a drag and drop app...
    > preferrably free. Any suggestions?
    >
    > TIA

    Picasa.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Lukus

    John Holmes Guest

    Lukus "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I need a program that will allow me to easily cut and paste part of an
    > image onto a new blank page.
    >
    > For example, say I have several JPG files containing mugshots of
    > people and I want to be able to cut out a mugshot and paste it onto
    > this new page and repeat the process until I've added a few mugshots
    > to the new page.
    >
    > I want something simple... basically a drag and drop app...
    > preferrably free. Any suggestions?

    Start>run>mspaint

    > TIA

    Uh-oh.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Lukus

    M.L. Guest

    >> I need a program that will allow me to easily cut and paste part of an
    >> image onto a new blank page.
    >>
    >> For example, say I have several JPG files containing mugshots of
    >> people and I want to be able to cut out a mugshot and paste it onto
    >> this new page and repeat the process until I've added a few mugshots
    >> to the new page.
    >>
    >> I want something simple... basically a drag and drop app...
    >> preferrably free. Any suggestions?

    Shape Collage operates a bit differently from your description but
    might be easiest for your task.
    http://www.vincentcheung.ca/shapecollage/screenshots.html

    For the exact crop->copy->paste workflow you described, use Irfanview
    to easily open, crop and copy your images, and use Artweaver to paste
    those crops onto a blank image canvas. Artweaver will allow you to
    move the cropped images around to your choosing, and will allow you to
    easily increase the canvas size to your choosing if necessary.
    www.irfanview.com
    http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version

    M.L., Mar 2, 2009
  5. Lukus

    Zo Guest

    Keyser Söze formulated on Monday :
    > Lukus <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I need a program that will allow me to easily cut and paste part of an
    >> image onto a new blank page.
    >>
    >> For example, say I have several JPG files containing mugshots of
    >> people and I want to be able to cut out a mugshot and paste it onto
    >> this new page and repeat the process until I've added a few mugshots
    >> to the new page.
    >>
    >> I want something simple... basically a drag and drop app...
    >> preferrably free. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Picasa.

    Sorry I missed the original post, but how about this one? You can't
    get any more simple and basic than this.

    Shape Collage

    http://www.vincentcheung.ca/shapecollage/

    It's free, works across multiple formats, small download, only 328kb.

    Enjoy!

    --
    Zo
    Floppy" ------- When you run out of Polygrip.