    Thanks!

    --
    NC Beach Bum
    NC Beach Bum, Jan 18, 2008

  2. NC Beach Bum

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    64-bit OSs run 32-bit applications with no problems unless:
    1.- They require a 32-bit driver
    2.- The app installer is 16-bit
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Windows x64 versions all support running 32-bit software. However, all
    drivers must be 64-bit even if the app is 32-bit. Make sure you can obtain
    64-bit drivers for your present devices.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 18, 2008
  4. There's a useful whitepaper on the Windows XP 64bit web site that I think
    you'll find useful. It's about XP x64, not Server, but it answers many of
    the questions you seem to have:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    This one, written for Windows Server x64 is even more directly on target for
    you:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/x64benefits.mspx

    (and yes, I wrote them both. )
    --