    “But HTML is the only true cross platform solution for everything,
    including (Apple’s) iOS platform,†Muglia said.

    So even Microsoft now concedes that HTML5 is the future.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:42:37 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Silverlight will continue to be a cross-platform solution, working
    > on a variety of operating system/browser platforms, going forward,
    > he said. “But HTML is the only true cross platform solution for
    > everything, including (Apple’s) iOS platform,†Muglia said.
    >
    > So even Microsoft now concedes that HTML5 is the future.

    Microsoft is looking to kill other mobile platforms by making only
    "silverlight" (not Java) available on Microsoft's phones while at the
    same time making silverlight available on other phones in addition to
    Java.

    Please do not underestimate the deviousness of Microsoft.

    Sweetpea, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-29, Sweetpea <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:42:37 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> Silverlight will continue to be a cross-platform solution, working
    >> on a variety of operating system/browser platforms, going forward,
    >> he said. ?But HTML is the only true cross platform solution for
    >> everything, including (Apple?s) iOS platform,? Muglia said.
    >>
    >> So even Microsoft now concedes that HTML5 is the future.

    > Microsoft is looking to kill other mobile platforms by making only
    > "silverlight" (not Java) available on Microsoft's phones while at the
    > same time making silverlight available on other phones in addition to
    > Java.
    >
    > Please do not underestimate the deviousness of Microsoft.

    Please ... okay let us move on...

    Now the point is that the mobile platform is powered up by all sorts of
    code, people care not, as long as it works for them.

    Hey, hey did HTML get here anyway? ;-)

    Gordon, Oct 30, 2010
  4. Microsoft loyalists are mad as hell
    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/01/muglia_silverlight_future/>. But
    really this is a sensible decision on Microsoft’s part. For a change.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 2, 2010