    from being crawled...

    but they didn't.

    you really have to wonder about some people.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 16, 2005

  2. In article <d1a3l0$2s3$>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >Dont you just love it when a web developer puts up a page with an "enter
    >your email address" type box, but doen't put in any checks like say for
    >a . or an @ symbol... only single opt in too, and it dumped it into a
    >file called email.html on the public webserver...
    >
    >I emailed them and adivsed of what could happen to a list such as this.
    >and he didn't believe me...
    >
    >so I entered "blah " about a thousand times, and told him to check, and
    >also said that he should add a robots.txt to at least exclude that file
    >from being crawled...
    >
    >but they didn't.
    >

    >you really have to wonder about some people.

    Anyone we know ? :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>you really have to wonder about some people.

    > Anyone we know ? :)

    nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    better, and more intuitive.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 16, 2005
  4. In article <d1adep$7cj$>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>>you really have to wonder about some people.

    >> Anyone we know ? :)

    >nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    >they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    >better, and more intuitive.

    Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    His customer relations is so good that he said ...

    "what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "

    ... so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    ... bvut apparently not :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    >>they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    >>better, and more intuitive.

    > Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    > his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    > His customer relations is so good that he said ...

    > "what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "
    > .. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    > .. bvut apparently not :)

    heh, why on earth don't people realise that anyone can publish this sort
    of info (as in bad comments) online and it could potentially ruin their
    business...
    why not just say, "oops, sorry, will never happen again"
    and yeah, I know, Im guilty of being a dik on line too.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 17, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:00:02 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >>> Anyone we know ? :)

    >>nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    >>they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    >>better, and more intuitive.

    >Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    >his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    >His customer relations is so good that he said ...
    >
    >"what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "
    >
    >.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >.. bvut apparently not :)

    That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.

    Whoever is running this site seems to have made a serious error in
    calling the wrong person a "typical kiwi **** wit" .
    If you are going to spam the groups, you should expect negative
    comments.
    Obviously whoever wrote the comment is not a kiwi, and we dont
    appreciate jumped up little pricks coming to our country.

    **Whoever is running this site seems to have made a serious error in
    **calling the wrong person a "typical kiwi **** wit" .
    **If you are going to spam the groups, you should expect negative
    **comments.
    **Obviously whoever wrote the comment is not a kiwi, and we dont
    **appreciate jumped up little pricks coming to our country.

    , Mar 17, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:46:56 +1300, wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:00:02 GMT,
    > (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >>>nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    >>>they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    >>>better, and more intuitive.

    >>Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    >>his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    >>His customer relations is so good that he said ...
    >>
    >>"what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "
    >>
    >>.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >>.. bvut apparently not :)
    >>

    >That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.
    >
    >Whoever is running this site seems to have made a serious error in
    >calling the wrong person a "typical kiwi **** wit" .
    >If you are going to spam the groups, you should expect negative
    >comments.
    >Obviously whoever wrote the comment is not a kiwi, and we dont
    >appreciate jumped up little pricks coming to our country.
    >
    >**Whoever is running this site seems to have made a serious error in
    >**calling the wrong person a "typical kiwi **** wit" .
    >**If you are going to spam the groups, you should expect negative
    >**comments.
    >**Obviously whoever wrote the comment is not a kiwi, and we dont
    >**appreciate jumped up little pricks coming to our country.

    Whoops, excuse the echo.
    Whoops, excuse the echo.

    , Mar 17, 2005
  8. wrote:
    >>.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >>.. bvut apparently not :)

    > That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.

    heh, not only that but you can't get to their site without the www, dont
    they realise that www is depreciated now?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 17, 2005
  9. In article <d1aha6$9dk$>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>>nope, small fry, not worth mentioning, I doubt they'll last long anyway,
    >>>they've made some online editor, that well, htmlarea2/3 is rather
    >>>better, and more intuitive.

    >> Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    >> his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    >> His customer relations is so good that he said ...

    >> "what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "
    >> .. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >> .. bvut apparently not :)

    >heh, why on earth don't people realise that anyone can publish this sort
    >of info (as in bad comments) online and it could potentially ruin their
    >business...
    >why not just say, "oops, sorry, will never happen again"
    >and yeah, I know, Im guilty of being a dik on line too.

    Hey ... someone has to do the fun jobs :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2005
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:52:01 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >In article <>, wrote:
    >>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:00:02 GMT,
    >> (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >>>Hmmm. I had an email from alex [] about my comment on
    >>>his ad for his "free website" (an ad; posted in html ... etc) ...
    >>>His customer relations is so good that he said ...
    >>>
    >>>"what's your problem appart from being a "typical kiwi **** wit" "
    >>>
    >>>.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >>>.. bvut apparently not :)
    >>>

    >>That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.

    >I didn't consider it appaling. Given it was an ad and in html I kind of
    >expected it. I guess I was mostly surprised I actually got an answer :)
    >
    >>Whoever is running this site seems to have made a serious error in
    >>calling the wrong person a "typical kiwi **** wit" .
    >>If you are going to spam the groups, you should expect negative
    >>comments.
    >>Obviously whoever wrote the comment is not a kiwi, and we dont
    >>appreciate jumped up little pricks coming to our country.

    >There is that ... and I did point that out in my email reply :) :)

    I'll post the response if I get one :)

    , Mar 17, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:09:31 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>>.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >>>.. bvut apparently not :)

    >> That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.

    >heh, not only that but you can't get to their site without the www, dont
    >they realise that www is depreciated now?

    That could be forgiven though Dave, refering to typical kiwi fuckwits
    cannot :)

    , Mar 17, 2005

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2005
  13. In article <d1alcc$bcr$>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>>.. so ... rude as well as incompetent. I thought it might be the same guy
    >>>.. bvut apparently not :)

    >> That's apalling Bruce, I sent them an email through their web form.

    >heh, not only that but you can't get to their site without the www, dont
    >they realise that www is depreciated now?

    Dunno. The whole thing inspired less than zero confidence in them AFAIWC :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2005
  14. In article <>, wrote:
    (snip)
    >I'll post the response if I get one :)

    I suspect they have written off NZ by now ... too many stirrers :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2005
  15. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <d1a3l0$2s3$> in nz.comp on Thu, 17 Mar
    2005 09:06:51 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz <> says...
    > Dont you just love it when a web developer puts up a page with an "enter
    > your email address" type box, but doen't put in any checks like say for
    > a . or an @ symbol... only single opt in too, and it dumped it into a
    > file called email.html on the public webserver...
    >
    > I emailed them and adivsed of what could happen to a list such as this.
    > and he didn't believe me...
    >
    > so I entered "blah " about a thousand times, and told him to check, and
    > also said that he should add a robots.txt to at least exclude that file
    > from being crawled...

    How does the spider find email.html without a link from another page?

    Rob J, Mar 17, 2005
  16. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:06:51 +1300, in message
    <d1a3l0$2s3$>, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Dont you just love it when a web developer puts up a page with an "enter
    > your email address" type box, but doen't put in any checks like say for
    > a . or an @ symbol... only single opt in too, and it dumped it into a
    > file called email.html on the public webserver...
    >
    > I emailed them and adivsed of what could happen to a list such as this.
    > and he didn't believe me...
    >
    > so I entered "blah " about a thousand times, and told him to check, and
    > also said that he should add a robots.txt to at least exclude that file
    > from being crawled...
    >
    > but they didn't.
    >

    > you really have to wonder about some people.

    I hope he/she never creates an e-commerce site where you
    enter credit card numbers.

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph

    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

    Ralph Fox, Mar 17, 2005
  17. Rob J wrote:
    >>so I entered "blah " about a thousand times, and told him to check, and
    >>also said that he should add a robots.txt to at least exclude that file
    >>from being crawled...

    > How does the spider find email.html without a link from another page?

    dunno, but they seem to.
    Google found a few on my site that I had forgotten about, and have since
    removed(things I put up for people years back)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 17, 2005
  18. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <d1ba12$mb5$> in nz.comp on Thu, 17 Mar
    2005 20:01:54 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz <> says...
    > Rob J wrote:
    > >>so I entered "blah " about a thousand times, and told him to check, and
    > >>also said that he should add a robots.txt to at least exclude that file
    > >>from being crawled...

    > > How does the spider find email.html without a link from another page?

    > dunno, but they seem to.
    > Google found a few on my site that I had forgotten about, and have since
    > removed(things I put up for people years back)

    Google caches old versions of your pages. In point of fact with their
    caching they can practically show your site even when your own server is
    down.

    Rob J, Mar 17, 2005
  19. Rob J wrote:
    >>>How does the spider find email.html without a link from another page?

    >>dunno, but they seem to.
    >>Google found a few on my site that I had forgotten about, and have since
    >>removed(things I put up for people years back)

    > Google caches old versions of your pages. In point of fact with their
    > caching they can practically show your site even when your own server is
    > down.

    I know, I've used it for that purpose. :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 17, 2005