Silly netscape behaviour....

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by toedipper, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. toedipper

    toedipper Guest

    Hmmm.

    I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the best
    browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening to the
    non stop Madonna channel.

    Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
    Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
    single/album of the track you are listening to.

    Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my default
    browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and when
    clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
    EXPLORER.

    I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and planted a
    couple of spies in there.

    Test it for yourself.

    I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL BROWSER'

    td.
    toedipper, Apr 3, 2005

  2. toedipper

    ..brian.. Guest

    toedipper wrote:
    > Hmmm.
    >
    > I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the

    best
    > browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening

    to the
    > non stop Madonna channel.
    >
    > Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
    > Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
    > single/album of the track you are listening to.
    >
    > Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my

    default
    > browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and

    when
    > clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
    > EXPLORER.
    >
    > I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and

    planted a
    > couple of spies in there.
    >
    > Test it for yourself.
    >
    > I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL

    BROWSER'

    I bet it works with Netscape 8 beta -- did you try that?? ;-)

    [http://channels.netscape.com/ns/help/radio/radionetscape.html#three]

    What are the minimum requirements for Radio@Netscape?

    To enjoy Radio@Netscape, you must have the following hardware and
    software:

    * A Pentium-class multimedia computer with a sound card and
    speakers
    * Windows 98/2000/ME/XP operating system
    * A 28.8k or faster modem
    * Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or above
    * 5 MB of free disk space
    * An Internet connection
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Apr 3, 2005

  3. toedipper

    toedipper Guest

    Fair enough.

    But I just can't see for example a car company, say Ford, saying....

    'Before you can drive a Ford you must have a Mercedes in the drive'

    toedipper, Apr 3, 2005
  4. toedipper

    Doug G Guest

    toedipper wrote:
    > Hmmm.
    >
    > I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the best
    > browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening to the
    > non stop Madonna channel.
    >
    > Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
    > Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
    > single/album of the track you are listening to.
    >
    > Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my default
    > browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and when
    > clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
    > EXPLORER.
    >
    > I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and planted a
    > couple of spies in there.
    >
    > Test it for yourself.
    >
    > I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL BROWSER'
    >
    > td.

    Netscape Radio may be coded to only use Internet Explorer.

    AOL/Netscape has been in bed with Microsoft for a long time.
    Doug G, Apr 3, 2005
  5. toedipper

    Chris I Guest

    _toedipper_ spoke thusly:
    > Fair enough.
    >
    > But I just can't see for example a car company, say Ford, saying....
    >
    > 'Before you can drive a Ford you must have a Mercedes in the drive'

    What the people at Netscape.com care about is portal traffic, not
    "browser wars."

    --
    Chris I - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help <http://ilias.ca/mozilla/>