    How can I get rid of it?

    Thanks

    Montenegro

    Montenegro, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Montenegro

    Gordon Guest

    Montenegro wrote:
    > I have an HP computer, XP/ HP, and from time to time receive updates from
    > HP... the last one has been instisting every time I turn on the computer
    > with this message:
    >
    > do you want to run this file?
    > IncrediMail LTD.

    Incredimail is NOT from HP. It's an insiduous "mail client" that in the
    eyes of most people is a wart on the surface of email. Probably either
    you or another user was sent an email with lots of nice little
    "emoticons" at the bottom, and were tempted to click the "install" button.

    How you get rid of it, I don't know. Have a look in either your startup
    folder or in msconfig to see if there's any reference to it there.

    HTH

    Gordon, Jan 27, 2006

  3. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Montenegro wrote:
    >> I have an HP computer, XP/ HP, and from time to time receive updates from
    >> HP... the last one has been instisting every time I turn on the computer
    >> with this message:
    >>
    >> do you want to run this file?
    >> IncrediMail LTD.

    > Incredimail is NOT from HP. It's an insiduous "mail client" that in the
    > eyes of most people is a wart on the surface of email. Probably either you
    > or another user was sent an email with lots of nice little "emoticons" at
    > the bottom, and were tempted to click the "install" button.
    >
    > How you get rid of it, I don't know. Have a look in either your startup
    > folder or in msconfig to see if there's any reference to it there.
    >
    > HTH

    try running Ad-aware?

    Geoff Pearson, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Montenegro wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have an HP computer, XP/ HP, and from time to time receive updates from
    >>>HP... the last one has been instisting every time I turn on the computer
    >>>with this message:
    >>>
    >>>do you want to run this file?
    >>>IncrediMail LTD.

    >>Incredimail is NOT from HP. It's an insiduous "mail client" that in the
    >>eyes of most people is a wart on the surface of email. Probably either you
    >>or another user was sent an email with lots of nice little "emoticons" at
    >>the bottom, and were tempted to click the "install" button.
    >>
    >>How you get rid of it, I don't know. Have a look in either your startup
    >>folder or in msconfig to see if there's any reference to it there.
    >>
    >>HTH

    > try running Ad-aware?

    Don't have any experience of it, but you could try this:

    http://springfield.news-leader.com/columnists/asby/20050123-IncrediMailincr.html

    Otherwise Google it (as I just did :) ): it's not a popular program and
    someone should be able to tell you how to get rid,

    Geoff

    Geoff Realname, Jan 27, 2006
  5. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:19:44 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > Montenegro wrote:
    >> I have an HP computer, XP/ HP, and from time to time receive updates
    >> from HP... the last one has been instisting every time I turn on the
    >> computer with this message:
    >>
    >> do you want to run this file?
    >> IncrediMail LTD.

    > Incredimail is NOT from HP. It's an insiduous "mail client" that in the
    > eyes of most people is a wart on the surface of email. Probably either you
    > or another user was sent an email with lots of nice little "emoticons" at
    > the bottom, and were tempted to click the "install" button.

    And the perfumed stationery -- don't forget the perfumed stationery. :)

    > How you get rid of it, I don't know. Have a look in either your startup
    > folder or in msconfig to see if there's any reference to it there.

    Add/Remove Programs in CP? (I've never used XP.)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 27, 2006
  6. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:28:10 +0000, Geoff Realname wrote:

    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>>Incredimail is NOT from HP. It's an insiduous "mail client" that in the
    >>>eyes of most people is a wart on the surface of email. Probably either
    >>>you or another user was sent an email with lots of nice little
    >>>"emoticons" at the bottom, and were tempted to click the "install"
    >>>button.
    >>>
    >>>How you get rid of it, I don't know. Have a look in either your startup
    >>>folder or in msconfig to see if there's any reference to it there.
    >>>
    >>>HTH

    >> try running Ad-aware?
    >>

    > Don't have any experience of it, but you could try this:
    >
    > http://springfield.news-leader.com/columnists/asby/20050123-IncrediMailincr.html
    >
    > Otherwise Google it (as I just did :) ): it's not a popular program and
    > someone should be able to tell you how to get rid,

    Might be a Catch-22, Geoff -- the doofs that use it probably aren't
    capable of removing programs. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 27, 2006