    into a silhouette to create an effect similar to that below

    http://silhouette.nm.ru/win/win2.gif

    How can I achieve this?

    Brothermark, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Brothermark

    Rich Guest

    What graphics software have you got?

    R.

    "Brothermark" <> wrote in message
    news:bk0ctj$oc48f$-berlin.de...
    > I'm wanting to take a photo of the profile of a subject (person) and turn

    it

    Rich, Sep 14, 2003

  3. "Brothermark" <> wrote in

    > I'm wanting to take a photo of the profile of a subject (person) and
    > turn it into a silhouette to create an effect similar to that below
    >
    > http://silhouette.nm.ru/win/win2.gif
    >
    > How can I achieve this?

    The picture you show is a drawing, so if you want to
    achieve the same quality you must be prepared to make some
    manipulation of the image.

    This is how I would do it.

    1. Place the person in front of a well lit background.
    Preferable the person shall have a clothing that
    shows the neck.
    2. Take the picture with a tele lens. This makes the
    silhouett look more "flat". Be very careful that
    the person is photographed exactly from the side
    and that the person has a nice pose, e.g. holding the
    chin in a nice angle.
    3. Use your favourite software and make the picture into
    a B&W picture only, adjusting the level until you get
    a nice silhouette.
    4. Use a piant tool and make the silhouttte all black
    and the background all white.
    5. The picture is now a raw original for some artistic work.
    You need to make some slight touches in order to get the
    smooth look and you need to fix the neck part. Be careful
    so that you still can recognice the person; don't be
    too artistic :)

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Brothermark