  1. SCCC

    SCCC Guest

    How do I do an unattended or silent installation of Frontpage 2003.
    SCCC, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Nathan Mercer, Jul 6, 2005

  3. SCCC

    SCCC Guest

    There are no tools in the ORK that refer specifically to Frontpage2003 in
    stand alone installation files.

    SCCC, Jul 7, 2005
  4. SCCC

    SCCC Guest

    SCCC wrote:
    > How do I do an unattended or silent installation of Frontpage 2003.

    Never mind, figured it out from Setup.htm instructions and experience
    with other Office installs:

    1. Make an administrative installpoint running Setup.exe with /a switch
    and FP11.MSI (see Setup.htm for details)
    2. Find the Setup.ini file (in Files\Setup) and customise the display
    settings to make it a quiet setup.

    Then after that just run Setup.exe and it will complete the installation
    automatically.

    The same probably applies equally to standalone installations of
    Publisher 2003. We have a version of Office that incorporates Publisher
    2003, so this issue did not come up.

    The Office Customisation wizard can't be used to create a transform for
    Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 standalone because it is for the full
    Office install only. I understand also that transforms cannot be applied
    to the FrontPage 2003 standalone setup, and probably again this is also
    true for Publisher 2003 standalone.

    If you're using Ghost, make a network share somewhere that all your PCs
    can access and run setup.exe off this UNC path remotely on each client.
    SCCC, Jul 19, 2005