silent huner 4 graphics problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ace90210, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. ace90210

    ace90210 Guest

    Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
    i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
    1.)
    6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
    4GB ddr2 RAM
    8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

    also tried a 4400X2 2.2Ghz X2 on the 939 chip
    DDR1 ram 2 GB
    and the same cards again

    and a brand new built pc with a Q9550 Quad core 2.83Ghz
    4 GB ddr3 ram
    nvidia gtx 280

    as mention these were tried with clean installs of windows hardware
    runs everything else perfectly and all drivers and game patches where
    isntalled and tried with them and without to be sure. with xp service
    pack 2 seemed to cause some troubles on certain setups so they were
    tested without it other than the the OS was upto date too. the only
    connection i can see between all the new setups besde being just
    faster is that they are all 1.) dual or Quad core CPUs, 2 run on PCI-E
    card slots not agp as the 1650 was and 3 the 1650 is a dx9 card but
    the rest are dx10 based even though running on a dx9 OS like xp though
    the problem is still there :S any help would be really appreciated and
    ithank anyone in advance for there help.

    PS ive conected ubisoft and they seem to be abit lost and keep
    sugesting things such as latest drivers or rolling back drivers which
    i have tried on the 2600 as i have alot of old drivers for that on a
    cd i had. they beleive it may be a driver issue on the GPU side but
    are looking into it (im not confident they will be able to fix it
    though) and i have contacted ati today as there 1650 works im hoping
    they may have a clue why its not working.

    ace90210, Nov 12, 2008

  2. On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:27:58 -0800, ace90210 aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    > upgraded my pc...

    Uh huh. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Oops...too late :(

    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 12, 2008

  3. ace90210

    Guest

    ace90210 <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    >upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    >windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
    >i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    >below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    >the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    >looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    >out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    >tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    >nothing but drivers installed.

    Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

    FWIW I had this problem:
    from a 3 Ghz P4 with 2.5 GB ram

    Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
    being there (COD4)

    http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
    And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
    right) http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg

    I lost my video card (GeForce 7900) a few months after this problem.
    Heat was not a factor.

    --

    Hang in there.
    http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg

    , Nov 12, 2008
  4. ace90210

    chuckcar Guest

    ace90210 <> wrote in

    > Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    > upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    > windows xp home. the game (silent hunter 4) worked fine on this. when
    > i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    > below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    > the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    > looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    > out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    > tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    > nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
    > 1.)
    > 6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
    > 4GB ddr2 RAM
    > 8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

    Try:

    1. Running the video tests in directx diagnostics

    start->run and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes

    Once it's finished loading click on thre graphics tab press each of the
    buttons below in turn and see if they all work fine

    2. In the start menu where the game is, is there an option to choose the
    graphic accelerator? is it set to the graphics card *you* have?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008
  5. ace90210

    Guest

    ftwhd wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:05:16 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
    >>being there (COD4)

    >>http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
    >>And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
    >>right) http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg

    >Those are not smoke/fog spots. It would appear that you have found an
    >image of the Virgin Mary in your game. I'l give you 700 billion
    >dollars for the screenshot.

    I eagerly await your representative, May allah be with you - Woops
    wrong one - May god bless you.

    --

    Hang in there.
    http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg

    , Nov 13, 2008
  6. ace90210

    ace90210 Guest

    On Nov 13, 12:21 am, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > ace90210 <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    > > upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    > > windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
    > > i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    > > below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    > > the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    > > looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    > > out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    > > tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    > > nothing but drivers installed. the systems i have tried are...
    > > 1.)
    > > 6400 X2 amd 3.2Ghz x 2
    > > 4GB ddr2 RAM
    > > 8800 gt 512mb gpu and swaped with a x2600XT gpu too.

    > Try:
    >
    > 1. Running the video tests in directx diagnostics
    >
    > start->run and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes
    >
    > Once it's finished loading click on thre graphics tab press each of the
    > buttons below in turn and see if they all work fine
    >
    > 2. In the start menu where the game is, is there an option to choose the
    > graphic accelerator? is it set to the graphics card *you* have?
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )

    Hi thanks for the reply unfortunatelly the game does not listthe
    graphics accelerator and dxdiag shows no problems with the systems im
    using :(

    ace90210, Nov 17, 2008
  7. ace90210

    ace90210 Guest

    On Nov 12, 6:05 pm, wrote:
    >  ace90210 <> wrote:
    > >Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    > >upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    > >windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
    > >i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    > >below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    > >the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    > >looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    > >out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    > >tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    > >nothing but drivers installed.

    > Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.
    >
    > FWIW I had this problem:
    > from a 3 Ghz P4 with 2.5 GB ram
    >
    > Smoke or spots of fog that just wouldn't go away, and had no business
    > being there (COD4)
    >
    > http://i36.tinypic.com/261ydxc.jpg
    > And this has two spots (middle (smoke trail that stayed), and middle
    > right)http://i34.tinypic.com/2n04lrq.jpg
    >
    > I lost my video card (GeForce 7900) a few months after this problem.
    > Heat was not a factor.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hang in there.http://kankky.apina.biz:8003/10586.jpg

    thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
    changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
    graphics are set :S

    ace90210, Nov 17, 2008
  8. ace90210

    Guest

    ace90210 <> wrote:

    >On Nov 12, 6:05 pm, wrote:
    >>  ace90210 <> wrote:
    >> >Hi everyone thanks for looking and hope you can help. i recently
    >> >upgraded my pc from a 3 Ghz P4 with 1 GB ram and a X1650 GPU running
    >> >windows xp home. the game (silenthunter4) worked fine on this. when
    >> >i run the game on any system of higher spec (i shall list ones i tried
    >> >below) i get odd graphical problems in game. in the under water view
    >> >the screen is all dark blue and patchy green only all in one tone it
    >> >looks like a windows background and is so bad you cant make anything
    >> >out at all. ive tried the latest drivers on all systems drivers ive
    >> >tried vista (32bit and 64bit) xp pro all from clean install with
    >> >nothing but drivers installed.

    >> Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

    >thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
    >changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
    >graphics are set :S

    Very hard to fix without being there, there is on thing you might try

    Chucktard attempted to explain this, but blew it as well.

    Start | Run <type in>
    DXDIAG
    <enter>

    Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
    Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
    sure you have the acceleration enabled.

    Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
    fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.

    --

    Falconer
    http://tinyurl.com/9wjyw

    , Nov 18, 2008
  9. ace90210

    ace90210 Guest

    On Nov 18, 8:19 am, wrote:
    >  ace90210 <> wrote:
    > >> Check your graphic settings in the game, some may need to be disabled.

    > >thanks i have tied all the in game settings on and off all that
    > >changes is the contrast seems to get very ddark the higher the
    > >graphics are set :S

    > Very hard to fix without being there, there is on thing you might try
    >
    > Chucktard attempted to explain this, but blew it as well.
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > DXDIAG
    > <enter>
    >
    > Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
    > Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
    > sure you have the acceleration enabled.
    >
    > Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
    > fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Falconerhttp://tinyurl.com/9wjyw- Hide quoted text -

    thanks for your help they are all enabled i am unsure how you change
    sound acceleration but the sound says it has no problems

    ace90210, Nov 18, 2008
  10. ace90210

    Guest

    ace90210 <> wrote:

    >> Goto Display and make sure your DrectDraw, Direct3d, and the AGP
    >> Texture acceleration are enabled. run the test if you wish, just make
    >> sure you have the acceleration enabled.
    >>
    >> Sometimes reducing the acceleration of the hardware sound level will
    >> fix problems - this is under sounds you may have more than one tab.

    >thanks for your help they are all enabled i am unsure how you change
    >sound acceleration but the sound says it has no problems

    There should be a slider, if you don't have one you can't adjust it.

    My bad, this should of been the first thing to try: go here
    http://silenthunter4.uk.ubi.com/ to find any updates, and read the
    forums to see if anybody else has the same problem and a fix.

    --

    Falconer
    http://tinyurl.com/9wjyw

    , Nov 18, 2008