    I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.

    I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.
    geopelia, Apr 11, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    says...

    > Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    > What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    > I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >
    > I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    > But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???

    You should be signing in here, methinks...
    https://login.yahoo.com

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Apr 11, 2013

  3. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 11/04/13 13:29, geopelia wrote:
    > Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    > What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    > I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >
    > I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    > But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    Use Yahoo's or Xtra's 0800 number.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 11, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 11/04/13 14:22, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    >> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    >> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    >> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    > There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???
    >
    > You should be signing in here, methinks...
    > https://login.yahoo.com

    If you haven't supplied a cellphone number in case you forget your
    password it may keep asking you for one.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 11, 2013
  5. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <51662abe$>, ,
    Enkidu says...

    > On 11/04/13 14:22, Dave Doe wrote:
    > > In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    > >> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    > >> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    > >>
    > >> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    > >> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    > > There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???
    > >
    > > You should be signing in here, methinks...
    > > https://login.yahoo.com
    > >

    > If you haven't supplied a cellphone number in case you forget your
    > password it may keep asking you for one.

    So it seems. Time to ditch Yahoo methinks :)

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Apr 11, 2013
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    >> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    >> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    >> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    > There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???
    >
    > You should be signing in here, methinks...
    > https://login.yahoo.com

    I forget now. I can get into yahoo itself. It's something where they send
    something to your mobile.
    But without a mobile you can't get it.
    geopelia, Apr 11, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 11/04/13 14:22, Dave Doe wrote:
    >> In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    >>> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    >>> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    >>> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.

    >> There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???
    >>
    >> You should be signing in here, methinks...
    >> https://login.yahoo.com
    >>

    > If you haven't supplied a cellphone number in case you forget your
    > password it may keep asking you for one.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    That would be it!
    geopelia, Apr 11, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 11/04/13 13:29, geopelia wrote:
    >> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    >> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    >> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    >> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.
    >>

    > Use Yahoo's or Xtra's 0800 number.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    I'm in a couple of bird groups with Yahoo, but that's all I use them for.
    geopelia, Apr 11, 2013
  9. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 12/04/13 03:15, geopelia wrote:
    > "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On 11/04/13 13:29, geopelia wrote:
    >>> Yahoo keeps asking for a mobile number to sign in.
    >>> What are people without mobiles supposed to do?
    >>> I type "don't have one" in the box but that doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> I don't use Yahoo except for some groups, so it doesn't really matter.
    >>> But there must be plenty of people who don't have mobiles.
    >>>

    >> Use Yahoo's or Xtra's 0800 number.

    > I'm in a couple of bird groups with Yahoo, but that's all I use them for.

    What I'm saying, Geo, id that if you do not have a cellphone, use any
    old number, or you could use a relative's number. If you forget your
    password they will automatically text it to the number you give, so a
    relative's number might be a good idea.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 11, 2013
  10. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On 12/04/13 03:15, geopelia wrote:
    >> "Enkidu" <> wrote in message

    >>> Use Yahoo's or Xtra's 0800 number.

    >> I'm in a couple of bird groups with Yahoo, but that's all I use them for.
    >>

    > What I'm saying, Geo, id that if you do not have a cellphone, use any old
    > number, or you could use a relative's number. If you forget your password
    > they will automatically text it to the number you give, so a relative's
    > number might be a good idea.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Thank you. I think a relative has one.
    geopelia, Apr 12, 2013
  11. In article <-september.org>, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >In article <51662abe$>, ,
    >Enkidu says...
    >> On 11/04/13 14:22, Dave Doe wrote:
    >> > In article <kk53gd$df4$>, , geopelia
    >> > says...

    >> > There's no phone number required. What site are you *actually* on ???
    >> >
    >> > You should be signing in here, methinks...
    >> > https://login.yahoo.com
    >> >

    >> If you haven't supplied a cellphone number in case you forget your
    >> password it may keep asking you for one.

    >So it seems. Time to ditch Yahoo methinks :)

    ... anyone tried 099 999 9999 ? (or similar) :) :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 15, 2013