    Jean-Pierre Gauthier
    Président
    Association de Généalogie des familles Gauthier (AGFG)
    Jean-Pierre Gauthier, Jun 21, 2006

  2. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-21, Jean-Pierre Gauthier <> wrote:
    > The signature I created for my emails in OE show up in bold (which is what I
    > want) when I use CREATE MAIL and plain text when I use the REPLY function.

    Your signature (and any other 'formatting' or 'rich text' or 'HTML' in
    your messages) won't necessarily look the same to your recipients as it
    does to you. Plain Text is the only thing that you can be sure anyone else
    will even be able to read easily - the settings they have on their own
    software will display it in the size, colours, font, etc, that suits them.

    Plain text also uses far less bandwidth for the same message, which saves
    time and possibly money for you and your recipient.

    You probably have your email program set up to 'reply' to messages using
    'plain text' if the message was sent to you as plain text. That is polite
    and considerate and just as it should be.

    > How can I have both come up the same way?

    There is probably a setting to make your email program send all messages
    in 'rich text' or 'HTML'. Please don't use it though; it makes your
    emails look like spam and it doesn't enhance the impression you make on
    people - unless they have confirmed to you that they actually /want/ you
    to write to them in HTML, in which case their emails to you are probably
    in HTML too.

    > Thanks to the good soul,
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier
    > Président
    > Association de Généalogie des familles Gauthier (AGFG)

    That last part is the sort of thing that should really be put in a
    signature, not as part of the actual message ;))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 21, 2006