    Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the screen.

    HELPMV
    For Help and Support With Multivision Computers:
    HELPMV, Jan 16, 2006

  2. HELPMV

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Jan 16, 2006

  3. HELPMV

    Mike Easter Guest

    HELPMV wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with
    > signatures? Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the
    > screen.

    If you are going to run native OE, you should turn off its auto sigs in
    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Signatures - unclick add signatures to all messages
    /or/ to all replies and forwards.

    Then for your newsgroup correspondence trimming and contextualizing,
    there is no misplaced autosig, and your cursor starts at the top of the
    message you are replying, which is fine. You start from that upper
    part of the message and proceed to trim out everything to which you
    aren't replying. Then you place your remarks in context to the sentence
    or words to which you are directly replying and/or any other similarly
    contextualized sentences.

    Since native OE also doesn't trim the sig of the poster you are
    replying, you still have to manually trim everything below your last
    remark so that nothing is left. At the bottom of your post you add your
    sig with a simple keypress combination or mouseclick from the toolbar or
    menus for insert sig. That way you can also click-choose the sig of
    your choice.

    If you want to correct a number of deficiencies of OE, such as its
    problem with badly formatting cite marks because of its dysfunctional
    editor, its lack of sig trimming, and its failure to properly place an
    autosig, you should use OE QuoteFix.

    That application can also be configured to provide a number of other
    conveniences and features found in other newsreaders not in OE.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 17, 2006
  4. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:44:04 +0000, HELPMV wrote:

    > Anyone know how I can get OE to not automatically top post with
    > signatures? Be nice if I could have my signature at the bottom of the
    > screen.
    >

    > HELPMV
    > For Help and Support With Multivision Computers:

    It would also be good if that was a *valid* sig. A valid sig uses a valid
    sig *delimiter*, which is hyphen-hyphen-space all alone on a line.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2006