Signature files

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by William W. Plummer, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. How do I create an use a signature file for use in Mozilla Mail? I
    would like a different file for use when I post to a news group. TIA

    William W. Plummer, Jul 17, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/17/2004 10:25 AM, William W. Plummer wrote:

    > How do I create an use a signature file for use in Mozilla Mail? I
    > would like a different file for use when I post to a news group. TIA

    Mozilla inserts your signature from a text file. Just create a file
    with your signature, and then point Mozilla to it. I use TB, but I
    believe in Mozilla that setting is under EDIT >> MAIL & NEWSGROUP
    SETTINGS -- something like that anyway.

    --
    Brian

    ..version 0.7.2 (20040707)

    .BRIAN., Jul 17, 2004

  3. ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 7/17/2004 10:25 AM, William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> How do I create an use a signature file for use in Mozilla Mail? I
    >> would like a different file for use when I post to a news group. TIA

    > Mozilla inserts your signature from a text file. Just create a file
    > with your signature, and then point Mozilla to it. I use TB, but I
    > believe in Mozilla that setting is under EDIT >> MAIL & NEWSGROUP
    > SETTINGS -- something like that anyway.

    How do I select which signature file I want to use on the message I just
    composed? I have several. Outlook has an Insert>Signature>name
    command to override the default choice.

    William W. Plummer, Jul 18, 2004
  4. William W. Plummer

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/18/2004 11:46 AM, William W. Plummer wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/17/2004 10:25 AM, William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I create an use a signature file for use in Mozilla Mail? I
    >>> would like a different file for use when I post to a news group. TIA

    >> Mozilla inserts your signature from a text file. Just create a file
    >> with your signature, and then point Mozilla to it. I use TB, but I
    >> believe in Mozilla that setting is under EDIT >> MAIL & NEWSGROUP
    >> SETTINGS -- something like that anyway.
    >>

    > How do I select which signature file I want to use on the message I just
    > composed? I have several. Outlook has an Insert>Signature>name command
    > to override the default choice.

    There is an extension called Tagzilla you may want to check out. I've
    never used it, so I do not know if it does what you need.

    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Jul 18, 2004