    downstairs, the pc upstairs has a very good signal strength and the one
    downstairs has low to no signal?

    How can this be? they still work ok

    c_bcan, Mar 13, 2005

  2. "c_bcan" wrote:
    > Hi just set a wireless network and moved one of the pcs into position
    > downstairs, the pc upstairs has a very good signal strength and the one
    > downstairs has low to no signal?
    >
    > How can this be? they still work ok

    This is possible. Concrete floor is a much harder obstacle for the signal
    than walls.

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Mar 13, 2005

  3. A quick note: antenna design also dictates how far the signal will travel
    and for that matter: the signal strength. Most routers documentation I've
    read recommend that you place the router on the upper levels since the
    antennas provide better reception on the same level and degrade a little
    moving down. Placing the router on a lower levels of a house is bad since
    the signal doesn't travel well vertically.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Mar 28, 2005