Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Tracker, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Tracker

    Tracker Guest

    Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in

    any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:

    1. Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time
    2. The clock on the desktop can be one hour behind or one hour ahead on
    occasion.
    3. Your Network Places Icon on the desktop disappears.
    4. If using a Windows platform, when you start your computer, your
    original screen will pop up, but since the hackers need to boot into
    their server, the system will quickly re-boot and the original screen
    will appear twice instead of only once. Your system may re-boot twice
    instead of once when loading some OEM versions.
    5. If your computer system occasionally re-boots on it’s own, again,
    the hacker may need to update their Hosts and Servers to make the
    computer system function properly.
    6. If you play Yahoo Games, you may find yourself being kicked out of
    the board your playing in. What is worse is if your winning a game and
    your the host of the board, the hacker may kick you out and not let you
    back in. When a computer system is hacker proof, you will rarely get
    booted out of a Yahoo Game. When the computer was hacker proof I went
    back to playing games and haven’t been booted yet.
    7. A browser you install to filter out or kill file certain individuals
    on the internet will not work for a long time. When your computer
    system is hacked, you aren’t able to filter out people in your browsers
    or email application for more then 1-2 days. A number of computer
    owners who’s system was hacked have advised me they had the same
    problem. Because hackers are using your illegally installed Hosts and
    Servers for posting to the internet, this is why you can’t filter or
    kill file them. This information was very apparent to myself and other
    ferret owners who’s computer was hacked.
    8. When you begin to see Usenet remarks made on behalf of your personal
    life which is private information.
    9. Some of your personal files are modified years before they were
    created, HA-HA-HA! Have seen a number of personal files modified 7-8
    years before they were even created.
    10. You find a number of files hidden/readable only which hackers seem
    to make their files hidden/readable only.
    11. When you find a number of added information in your boot.ini file
    which relate to a Virtual Private Network . These can be either
    software, hardware or device driver oriented. A sample is presented
    later in this book.
    12. Under Search for Files and Folders, you do a search on any file
    modified in the past month and you will see files which just don’t need
    to be modified or which you don’t even recognize. For the newbie, you
    want to focus on the file you don’t recognize. Unless your skilled and
    realize which files need to be present and modified running a Windows
    Platform, you won’t know what to look for. To perform the above you
    will need to see all hidden files and folders.
    13. Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and if you see one
    AOL adapter and have never used AOL. Two AOL adapters, two TCP/IP, two
    Dial-Up adapters, one or two Virtual Private Network adapters your
    computer could be hacked/owned. A Virtual Private Network is widely
    used by malicious hackers because it can host up to 254 users. "This
    applies to the average internet user who has one modem, one ISP and
    isn’t running any FTP, NNTP, Proxy, SMTP, SQL, Web Server".
    14. Select Start, Run, type regedit, select File, Export, in the box
    type say 4-12-02.txt and select save. Then open this file with a text
    editor or word document and you might be shocked to find what really is
    installed on your computer system. Check the bottom of this file,
    hackers love to install a bunch of applications, Hosts and Servers files
    here. Will admit, when this was performed, I don’t remember if
    importing all the hackers registry files on the hard drive is what
    showed these results or if the registry was Windows original one.
    15. You have to turn your computer off by the power supply on a some
    what’s regular basis.
    16. Installing a Network Interface Card will cause problems until the
    hackers configure this device into the Virtual Private Network they
    setup.
    17. You find your cd-rom drive open and close without your permission.
    18. You could hear an annoying beep coming from your system speakers.
    19. Your windows screen goes horizontal or vertical.
    20. The screen saver picture changes without your permission.
    21. On occasion your mouse is out of your control. This could also be
    caused by a corrupt mouse driver.
    22. All of a sudden, your speakers decide to play you some music.
    23. Installing a hardware or firewall for the first time can cause a
    number of different problems for you to set-up and configure.
    Considering you didn’t have these installed from the beginning of going
    on the internet.
    24. Your firewall logs show alerts at 12:00 then 11:22 then 12:16 and
    back to 11:59.
    25. If using a dial-up connection you see a number of pings, port 0 to
    your computer. The reason for these pings is so the hackers can see if
    your computer is active/alive. What the hackers actually do is port
    scan the Internet Service Provider Block of addresses and find your
    computer either with file sharing enabled or a Backdoor/Trojan.

    Tracker
    I know how important it is for me not to define myself by how others
    perceive
    me.

    Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
    Minds"
    visit:
    www.securityminds2003.com
    It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

    To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
    http://captiveimagery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main
    Tracker, Jul 21, 2003

  2. > "Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    > without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    Uh-oh Google Groups, look out! Tracker will be after you!

    --
    AZC
    Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie], Jul 22, 2003

  3. Tracker

    Harri Mellin Guest

    In article <>,
    Tracker <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >
    > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    > without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    not copyrighted in EU

    Swedish Webcams <http://zap.to/webcams>
    Harri Mellin, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Tracker

    The Saint Guest

    Harri Mellin wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Tracker <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    >> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    >> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >>
    >> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    >> without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    >not copyrighted in EU

    It's not copyrighted anywhere. Dipshit Debbie lives in the US, and
    the US Copyright laws explicitly state that "Works that have not been
    fixed in a tangible form of expression..." and "Works consisting
    entirely of information that is common property and containing no
    original authorship..." are *not* covered by copyright protection.
    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wnp

    The only way the dumb bitch could copyright those rabid, wholly
    inaccurate ramblings is to classify it as pure fiction, which it is.
    And that is why it's considered as spam. She's trying to peddle a
    literary (and I use that term *very* loosely) work for profit, in
    groups where it's completely off-topic. In fact, it's off-topic in
    all but the kook usenet groups.
    The Saint, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Tracker

    mto Guest

    > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >
    > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    > without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    Please note that the currently applicable copyright law for new material is
    the Digital Mellenium Copyright Act. You have no copyright under 1976.

    Also note that only REAL individuals and organizations can hold a copyright
    and that people must be able to contact the copyright holder if you intend
    to enforce copyright. See invalid email address that you are using. There
    is no REAL individual named "Tracker."

    Further, there is a difference both symantically and legally between an
    author and a publisher. A publisher has no copyright claim to an author's
    work under most circumstances. If the publisher, rather than the author, is
    to be designated the gatekeeper for written permissions, however, that
    publisher's legal name and accurate contact information must be included in
    the declaration allowing the publisher to grant permission.

    Your statement "Printed in the United States of America" is ludicrous -
    newsgroup postings are not printed.

    What is the ISBN of your book?
    mto, Jul 22, 2003

    --
    Laura Fredericks
    PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

    http://www.geocities.com/queenofcyberspace/heathers.mp3

    Remove CLOTHES to reply.
    Laura Fredericks, Jul 22, 2003
  7. "mto" <> wrote in message

    > "Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    > >
    > > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    > > without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    > Please note that the currently applicable copyright law for new material

    is
    > the Digital Mellenium Copyright Act. You have no copyright under 1976.

    this may be right if this were really new material, this has been published
    and debunked many times already.... its just more spam.
    David Robbins, Jul 22, 2003
  8. Tracker

    Bit Twister Guest

    Must be an attempt to restrict people from reporting the spamming
    to her isp. You cannot email the proof to without
    her permission to copy her spam.
    Bit Twister, Jul 22, 2003
  9. "Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...
    > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in

    Tracker, the computer guru, doesn't know
    how to find the © symbol on her system.

    ...or maybe those malicious hackers have absconded with it!?
    FromTheRafters, Jul 22, 2003
  10. Tracker

    Jason Guest

    * Tracker <snailmail(invalid)>:
    > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >
    > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    > without the prior written permission of the publisher.
    >
    > SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:

    Oh my god debbie how many times do you have to post this incredabily
    inaccurte spam and how many time do you have to be shown the errorss in
    before it sinks in??

    Jason
    Jason, Jul 22, 2003
  11. Tracker

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    >SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:
    >
    >1. Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time

    When considering the suggestions by the original poster, ask yourself
    "Why would any hacker wnat to change my Daylight Savings Time
    settings?" Take the remainder of the suggestions in the same vein.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 22, 2003
  12. Tracker

    Guest

    In article <7cbTa.12371$>,
    Jason <> wrote:
    >* Tracker <snailmail(invalid)>:
    >> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    >> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    >> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >>
    >> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    >> without the prior written permission of the publisher.
    >>
    >> SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:
    >>

    >Oh my god debbie how many times do you have to post this incredabily
    >inaccurte spam and how many time do you have to be shown the errorss in
    >before it sinks in??
    >
    >Jason

    NO, no, no, she's right. I just took a class on how to hack into computers
    and the first thing we learned that would really do harm is to change the
    time on the clock ahead or behind by one hour. The FBI is going to publish
    this very soon.

    Computers are like air conditioning.
    Neither one works when you open windows.
    , Jul 22, 2003
  13. Tracker

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 22 Jul 2003 13:11:48 -0400, wrote:

    >NO, no, no, she's right. I just took a class on how to hack into computers
    >and the first thing we learned that would really do harm is to change the
    >time on the clock ahead or behind by one hour.

    I set someones clock back a couple of years by mistake and
    it totally screwed his outlook express email.

    GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING
    -------------------------------

    Any advice from a poster using the word 'tracker' may contain
    dangerous nonsense and should be immediately deleted from your
    computer.

    Do NOT contact this person by email

    Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.

    Visit the fan club at:
    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 22, 2003
  14. Tracker

    Guest

    Tracker <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<>...

    {copyright noticed removed without permission}

    > 1. Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time

    A1. Hackers have better things to do than to alert you to their
    actions.

    > 2. The clock on the desktop can be one hour behind or one hour ahead on
    > occasion.

    A2. Kinda seems related to item 1, don't you think?

    > 3. Your Network Places Icon on the desktop disappears.

    A3. See A1.

    > 4. If using a Windows platform, when you start your computer, your
    > original screen will pop up, but since the hackers need to boot into
    > their server, the system will quickly re-boot and the original screen
    > will appear twice instead of only once. Your system may re-boot twice
    > instead of once when loading some OEM versions.

    A4a. Have you ever seen an x86 computer quickly boot? Even with POST
    set to minimal tests, it still takes a number of seconds, and all that
    time one sees the POST results.

    A4b. When a real mode app starts during boot, it must be provided a
    display. Windows obliges and switches to CLI for the duration, then
    returns to your startup screen.

    A4c. If your computer reboots during an OEM load, it usually preceded
    by a little dialog box that says it will reboot.

    > 5. If your computer system occasionally re-boots on it?s own, again,
    > the hacker may need to update their Hosts and Servers to make the
    > computer system function properly.

    A5. Heat. Clean your PC interior, replace the fan(s) and/or PC.

    > 6. If you play Yahoo Games, you may find yourself being kicked out of
    > the board your playing in. What is worse is if your winning a game and
    > your the host of the board, the hacker may kick you out and not let you
    > back in. When a computer system is hacker proof, you will rarely get
    > booted out of a Yahoo Game. When the computer was hacker proof I went
    > back to playing games and haven?t been booted yet.

    A6a. See A1.

    A6b. Hackers don't kick you off any games or chats, they leave that
    to the moderators and bots.

    > 7. A browser you install to filter out or kill file certain individuals
    > on the internet will not work for a long time.

    A7a. Browsers are not installed to filter. Browsers are installed to
    interpret HTML. Only idiots install browsers to filter.

    > 8. When you begin to see Usenet remarks made on behalf of your personal
    > life which is private information.

    A8. See A1.

    > 9. Some of your personal files are modified years before they were
    > created, HA-HA-HA! Have seen a number of personal files modified 7-8
    > years before they were even created.

    A9a. Read up on FAT, FAT32, and NTFS. This is not unusual.

    A9b. See A1.

    > 10. You find a number of files hidden/readable only which hackers seem
    > to make their files hidden/readable only.

    A10. Read up on hidden files. It's so you don't screw up your system
    and blame hackers.

    > 11. When you find a number of added information in your boot.ini file
    > which relate to a Virtual Private Network . These can be either
    > software, hardware or device driver oriented. A sample is presented
    > later in this book.

    A11. Many 3p apps generate VPN entries.

    > 12. Under Search for Files and Folders, you do a search on any file
    > modified in the past month and you will see files which just don?t need
    > to be modified or which you don?t even recognize. For the newbie, you
    > want to focus on the file you don?t recognize. Unless your skilled and
    > realize which files need to be present and modified running a Windows
    > Platform, you won?t know what to look for. To perform the above you
    > will need to see all hidden files and folders.

    A12. Read up on any OS. Think "OS support files."

    > 13. Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and if you see one
    > AOL adapter and have never used AOL.

    A13a. Install Netscape, Real, or any number of other 3p apps
    associated with AOL, and you can get AOL crap included without your
    knowledge or permission.

    A13b. See A1.

    > 14. Select Start, Run, type regedit, select File, Export, in the box
    > type say 4-12-02.txt and select save. Then open this file with a text
    > editor or word document and you might be shocked to find what really is
    > installed on your computer system.

    A14. The original registry is stored elsewhere and is modified from
    the moment you begin using Windows. Every Windows app modifies the
    registry.

    > 15. You have to turn your computer off by the power supply on a some
    > what?s regular basis.

    A15. When Windows crashes, it is not always apparent.

    > 16. Installing a Network Interface Card will cause problems until the
    > hackers configure this device into the Virtual Private Network they
    > setup.

    A16. Then they must be of some benefit to you, right?

    > 17. You find your cd-rom drive open and close without your permission.

    A17. See A1.

    > 18. You could hear an annoying beep coming from your system speakers.

    See A1.

    > 19. Your windows screen goes horizontal or vertical.

    A19. See A1, A5.

    > 20. The screen saver picture changes without your permission.

    A20. See A1, then check what you've installed.

    > 21. On occasion your mouse is out of your control. This could also be
    > caused by a corrupt mouse driver.

    A21. See A1. Replace your mouse.

    > 22. All of a sudden, your speakers decide to play you some music.

    A22. See A1, then change to a different web site.

    > 23. Installing a hardware or firewall for the first time can cause a
    > number of different problems for you to set-up and configure.
    > Considering you didn?t have these installed from the beginning of going
    > on the internet.

    A23. Jumping into a car for the first time has similar effects.
    RTFM.

    > 24. Your firewall logs show alerts at 12:00 then 11:22 then 12:16 and
    > back to 11:59.

    A24. Get a different firewall. RTFM.

    > 25. If using a dial-up connection you see a number of pings, port 0 to
    > your computer.

    A25a. See A1.

    A25b. Hackers have no need for your measly dial-up connection. [0]

    > It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

    I already know how to learn about Windows, et al.

    [0] No offense to dial-up users, but hacking a slow connection is kind
    of like fishing for plankton.
    , Jul 22, 2003
  15. Tracker

    Chuck Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 01:21:01 +0400, Tracker
    <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:
    <spam>
    <drivel>
    <legal>
    >Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
    >United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
    >of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
    >any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
    >without the prior written permission of the publisher.

    </legal>
    <title>
    >SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:

    </title>
    >SNIP<

    <signature>
    >Tracker
    >I know how important it is for me not to define myself by how others
    >perceive
    >me.
    >Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
    >Minds"
    >visit:
    >www.securityminds2003.com
    >It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

    </signature>
    </drivel>
    <advertising>
    >To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
    >http://captiveimagery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main

    </advertising>
    </spam>

    Chuck Croll

    Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/
    Chuck, Jul 22, 2003
  16. Tracker

    soja_a Guest

    The Saint wrote:
    > The only way the dumb bitch could copyright those rabid, wholly
    > inaccurate ramblings is to classify it as pure fiction, which it
    > is. And that is why it's considered as spam. She's trying to
    > peddle a literary (and I use that term *very* loosely) work for
    > profit, in groups where it's completely off-topic. In fact, it's
    > off-topic in all but the kook usenet groups.

    ROFLMGDAO!! C'mon, TS, don't hold back. Tell us how you *really*
    feel... <g>

    soja_a
    soja_a, Jul 23, 2003
  17. Chuck <> wrote in

    > Chuck Croll
    >
    > Spam sucks - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
    > Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/
    > WHAT IS THE CBDTPA? http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

    Are we invited to the book signing party, Debbie? You are such a
    literary super star.

    --
    James E. Morrow
    Email to:
    James E. Morrow, Jul 23, 2003
  18. Tracker

    Elson Mat Guest

    This is the best reply I've ever read. Very good and funny!!

    Elson Mat, Jul 23, 2003
  19. Tracker

    Splatter Guest

    "Elson Mat" <it(a)sankyu.com.hk> wrote in message
    > This is the best reply I've ever read. Very good and funny!!

    You know reading this I was thinking, it sounds like she got back orifice.
    The blue screen the mouse moving around, playing sounds. That's all BO crap.
    Splatter, Jul 23, 2003
  20. Tracker

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:50:35 -0400, Splatter wrote:

    > You know reading this I was thinking, it sounds like she got back orifice.

    That is not her problem. If you have time to waste, and you want to
    understand her a litte better, try going to
    trackers in the first box
    *security* in the Newsgroup, pick English
    Bit Twister, Jul 23, 2003