    I have been given a portable keybord but it dosnt have the pound sign on
    it only the dollar. Does anyone in the group know how or if it can be
    changed to a pound sign or a pound sign added please TIA
    PWB, Feb 18, 2007

  2. PWB

    Gary Guest

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 01:36:20 +0000, PWB wrote:

    > I have been given a portable keybord but it dosnt have the pound sign on
    > it only the dollar. Does anyone in the group know how or if it can be
    > changed to a pound sign or a pound sign added please TIA

    £! Character Map. Found in most Operating Systems. MS Office Word: Insert
    > Symbol. OpenOffice.org Writer: Insert > Special Character. Check your OS

    language and region settings.

    --
    To err err err is Molly Meldrum,to moo bovine.
    Gary, Feb 18, 2007

  3. PWB

    chuckie® Guest

    You didn't mention what OS you are using, so I can only refer to Win2000 and
    XP. Control Panel>Regional Options> make sure all is set to English
    (United Kingdom), as opposed to English (United States) or something else.
    Also check for the keyboard configuration here...luck...HTH...
    chuckie®, Feb 18, 2007
  4. PWB

    Gazwad Guest

    PWB <>, the broken-down-floater and tittering
    bull-nurse who likes nefarious earth-tremblers with ostriches, and whose
    partner is a lost-lady with a low-grade beef curtain, wrote in
    <o4OBh.12283$>:
    >I have been given a portable keybord but it dosnt have the pound sign on it
    >only the dollar. Does anyone in the group know how or if it can be changed
    >to a pound sign or a pound sign added please TIA

    Tippex

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Gazwad, Feb 18, 2007
  5. PWB

    PWB Guest

    chuckie® wrote:
    > You didn't mention what OS you are using, so I can only refer to Win2000 and
    > XP. Control Panel>Regional Options> make sure all is set to English
    > (United Kingdom), as opposed to English (United States) or something else.
    > Also check for the keyboard configuration here...luck...HTH...

    Sorry its xp home but I tried the regional settings and theyre set to uk
    PWB, Feb 18, 2007
  6. PWB

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-02-18, PWB <> wrote:
    > chuckie® wrote:
    >> You didn't mention what OS you are using, so I can only refer to Win2000 and
    >> XP. Control Panel>Regional Options> make sure all is set to English
    >> (United Kingdom), as opposed to English (United States) or something else.
    >> Also check for the keyboard configuration here...luck...HTH...
    >>

    > Sorry its xp home but I tried the regional settings and theyre set to uk

    You need to set the keyboard map to UK (or GB); that is what determines
    the characters generated by the keys, regardless of the 'regional'
    settings (and regardless of what characters may be marked on the keyboard).
    The keyboard settings are probably under 'hardware' or 'peripherals'.

    On a UK keyboard, the £ sign is shift-3 - and some of the other characters
    are in different places from a US or US-international keyboard.

    It may be worth getting the actual keyboard replaced by a genuine UK
    version. That shouldn't be terribly expensive, even if you get a shop to
    do it for you (use a local independent computer repairer).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 18, 2007
  7. PWB

    chuckie® Guest

    On my XP box, Control Panel>Regional Language Options>Languages
    tab>Details>Settings tab, you need to set the 'Default input language' to
    English (United Kingdom) AND the 'Keyboard Layout/IME' also. This is
    accomplished in the 'Installed Services' section by clicking on the 'Add'
    button...luck...HTH...
    chuckie®, Feb 19, 2007