Sigma SD10 = 6.86MP for 2 color targets, 13.72MP for full color

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, May 22, 2004.

  1. (m Ransley) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Bottom line, Bullshit aside, Megapixell whatever, Sigma sd10 rates
    > at a Rebel or D70 level and NO Better,. for pictures .

    That is about right for a monochrome test target. Foveon says this...

    "X3 privdes the equivalent resolution to an outstanding 6-14MP Bayer
    DSLR."

    That is, 6MP for monochrome targets since Bayer sensors are only
    monochrome, and 14MP if color must be interpolated. Same thing Phil
    Askey says...

    "You can of course produce similar results from a Bayer sensor camera
    by downsampling an image by 50%, this is (approximately) the same as
    combining two green, one red and one blue pixel together. To achieve
    this and be left with an image of the same size as the SD10 you would
    need 4536 x 3024 (13.7 megapixel) input image."

    Foveon = 6.86MP Bayer (for 2 color B&W targets)
    Foveon = 13.72MP Bayer (for full color and grayscale targets)

    George Preddy, May 22, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Steve m... Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full color
    and grayscale targets)

    <all George BS deleted>

    George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.
    And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    neighbor !

    Steve m..., May 22, 2004

  3. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (George Preddy) stated
    that:

    > (m Ransley) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >> Bottom line, Bullshit aside, Megapixell whatever, Sigma sd10 rates
    >> at a Rebel or D70 level and NO Better,. for pictures .

    >That is about right [*SLAP!*]

    Right again George. It's good to see that you finally are realising that
    you know nothing at all about digital imaging.

    We're still waiting to see those photos you lied about selling. Where
    are they George? You realise that the fact that you won't show them to
    us proves to us that they are completely imaginary, don't you?

    Lionel, May 22, 2004
  4. "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message news:<gkJrc.3066$>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full color
    > and grayscale targets)
    >
    > <all George BS deleted>
    >
    > George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with me.

    > And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    > neighbor !

    They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    Georgette Preddy, May 22, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    Paul Howland Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:

    >>And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    >>neighbor !

    > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    Geez George. Do you have to lie about everything??

    Your IP address is 24.174.141.14. This belongs to Time Warner cable
    internet (Road Runner Broadband) in San Antonio -
    http://www.satx.rr.com/. The times at which you post are also consist
    with you being in Texas, rather than somewhere 10000 miles away.

    Paul Howland, May 22, 2004

    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full

    color
    > > and grayscale targets)
    > >
    > > <all George BS deleted>
    > >
    > > George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    > All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with

    me.

    > > And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    > > neighbor !

    > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    Except your IP number is assigned to San Antonio Road Runner... so Meep
    Meep... No Secrets on the Net George. Texas is big, but not 10,000 miles!
    Must be a Foveon Map ;)

    Anti Spam & Uncle Lart, May 22, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    m Ransley Guest

    Phil Askey isnt you georgy boy , Go to the Conclusion, Last paragraph .
    The summary , the bottom line , the end result. Read george, and take
    time to comprehend , study . I did and its still Nikon or Canon. 6mp
    for me. The sd10 is "there" but no better. And soon there will be a
    new Rebel 7mp? 8mp? . The only thing wrong with Sigma is you. You
    only remember what you want to remember, give it a break.

    m Ransley, May 22, 2004
  8. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:

    >"Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message news:<gkJrc.3066$>...
    >> "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full color
    >> and grayscale targets)
    >>
    >> <all George BS deleted>
    >>
    >> George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    >All quotes form dpr[p[*SLAP!*]

    Cut the gibberish, lier. You have a job to do - posting a link to those
    photos you lied about selling.

    Lionel, May 22, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    JohnJ Guest

    Georgette Preddy wrote:

    > "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message news:<gkJrc.3066$>...
    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full color
    > > and grayscale targets)
    > >
    > > <all George BS deleted>
    > >
    > > George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    > All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with me.
    >
    > > And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    > > neighbor !

    > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.

    JohnJ, May 22, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    so what?

    bagal

    bagal, May 22, 2004
  11. "bagal" <> wrote in news:fFOrc.130$Ux3.86@newsfe4-gui:

    > so what?

    Whats your problem bagal?

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, May 22, 2004
  12. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    i didn't think i had one

    freely participating in an open forum

    it really is rather lovelt

    why?bagal

    bagal, May 22, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    who are 'wew'?

    bagal

    bagal, May 22, 2004
  14. George Preddy

    bagal Guest

    oops apologies all

    that, of course, should be:

    why?

    who are 'we'

    bagal

    bagal, May 22, 2004
  15. "Anti Spam & Uncle Lart" <> wrote in message news:<HkNrc.1442$>...
    > "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message

    > > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full

    > color
    > > > and grayscale targets)
    > > >
    > > > <all George BS deleted>
    > > >
    > > > George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    > > All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with

    > me.
    > >
    > > > And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    > > > neighbor !

    > > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    > Except your IP number is assigned to San Antonio Road Runner... so Meep
    > Meep... No Secrets on the Net George. Texas is big, but not 10,000 miles!
    > Must be a Foveon Map ;)

    Either that or customizable proxy software to frustrate internet
    stalkers, like yourself .

    Georgette Preddy, May 22, 2004
  16. George Preddy

    Steve m... Guest

    And if you are then someone might report you for spoofing a real ip address
    in a range that is in use somewhere.
    (not that you'd give a sh*t anyway) And just who is an internet stalker ?
    I'd say you are the stalker.

    Steve m..., May 22, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Georgette Preddy)
    stated that:

    >"Anti Spam & Uncle Lart" <> wrote in message news:<HkNrc.1442$>...
    >> "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message

    >> color

    >> > All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with

    >> me.

    >> > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    >> Except your IP number is assigned to San Antonio Road Runner... so Meep
    >> Meep... No Secrets on the Net George. Texas is big, but not 10,000 miles!
    >> Must be a Foveon Map ;)

    >Either that or customizable proxy software to frustrate internet
    >stalkers, like yourself .

    In your dreams, Preddiot.

    Going to show us these photos of yours any time soon?

    Lionel, May 22, 2004
  18. George Preddy

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> stated
    that:

    >And if you are then someone might report you for spoofing a real ip address
    >in a range that is in use somewhere.

    He's bullshitting about that anyway. There's no way to post from Google
    from a spoofed IP address. It /is/ possible that he's using someone
    else's web-proxy, though. I'll have to do some checking & see if has
    permission to be doing that from that particular machine.

    Lionel, May 22, 2004

    > > Except your IP number is assigned to San Antonio Road Runner... so Meep
    > > Meep... No Secrets on the Net George. Texas is big, but not 10,000

    miles!
    > > Must be a Foveon Map ;)

    > Either that or customizable proxy software to frustrate internet
    > stalkers, like yourself .

    If that's true then Road Runner has legal cause against you. But no one here
    believes you are smart enough to use proxies.

    Anti Spam & Uncle Lart, May 22, 2004
  20. "Anti Spam & Uncle Lart" <> wrote in message news:<HkNrc.1442$>...
    > "Georgette Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "Steve m..." <Stevem5215@PLEASEno_spam_.com> wrote in message

    > > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message (for full

    > color
    > > > and grayscale targets)
    > > >
    > > > <all George BS deleted>
    > > >
    > > > George you are a lying sack of Sh*t.

    > > All quotes form dpreview, don't call Phil Askey names for agreeing with

    > me.
    > >
    > > > And anybody who lives in San Antonio should be ashamed to call you a
    > > > neighbor !

    > > They'd have to call about 10,000 miles, but why not?

    > Except your IP number is assigned to San Antonio Road Runner... so Meep
    > Meep... No Secrets on the Net George. Texas is big, but not 10,000 miles!
    > Must be a Foveon Map ;)

    I post from about 10 different IP numbers. Meep meep.

    Georgette Preddy, May 23, 2004