Sigma Photo, Seven Rules for Legal Advertising, FTC Consumer Complaint Link, and Suggested Text for

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven M. Scharf, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message

    > Wheb I was in advertising (35 years creative director Senior VP) the FTC

    was a
    > powerful watchdog group that checked everything that ran. They were tough

    and
    > uncompromising on false claims and were every effective. They lost all

    thier
    > power when the "pro business" Republicans took office and today have very

    litle
    > impact compared to years ago.

    This is true. Though occasionally they still surprise me, i.e. with the Do
    Not Call Registry. I was truly amazed that this actually got implemented,
    and I definitely notice the results.

    In this case, you do have a larger constituency of businesses that would
    benefit from eliminating the misleading advertising, than you do of ones
    that benefit from it, so maybe it would have a chance.

    Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to Republicans.
    It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald Reagan,
    certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    Steven M. Scharf, Jun 10, 2004

  2. In article <OPRxc.167$>, Steven
    M. Scharf <> wrote:

    > Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to Republicans.
    > It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald Reagan,
    > certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    You haven't been alive for very long.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004

  3. In article <090620042240238143%>,
    says...
    > In article <OPRxc.167$>, Steven
    > M. Scharf <> wrote:
    >
    > > Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to Republicans.
    > > It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald Reagan,
    > > certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    > You haven't been alive for very long.

    Coolidge... what a dick!

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 10, 2004
  4. "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > In article <OPRxc.167$>, Steven
    > M. Scharf <> wrote:
    >
    > > Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to

    Republicans.
    > > It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald Reagan,
    > > certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    > You haven't been alive for very long.

    Since Eisenhower. And I'm not including George Bush Jr., who probably will
    turn out to be worse. And I'm talking about polices, not personalities. And
    of course I acknowledge that Ronald Reagan's speechwriter single-handedly
    caused the collapse of the Soviet Union when Reagan stated, "Tear Down that
    Wall." I'm just terrified that George Bush Jr., will call on China to do the
    same thing.

    Steven M. Scharf, Jun 10, 2004
  5. "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    >
    > This is true. Though occasionally they still surprise me, i.e. with

    the Do
    > Not Call Registry. I was truly amazed that this actually got

    implemented,
    > and I definitely notice the results.
    >
    > In this case, you do have a larger constituency of businesses that

    would
    > benefit from eliminating the misleading advertising, than you do of

    ones
    > that benefit from it, so maybe it would have a chance.
    >
    > Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to

    Republicans.
    > It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald

    Reagan,
    > certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    You were born after Jimmy Carter was in office?

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 11, 2004
  6. "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <> wrote in message news:<U48yc.582$>...
    > "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > > "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > This is true. Though occasionally they still surprise me, i.e. with

    > the Do
    > > Not Call Registry. I was truly amazed that this actually got

    > implemented,
    > > and I definitely notice the results.
    > >
    > > In this case, you do have a larger constituency of businesses that

    > would
    > > benefit from eliminating the misleading advertising, than you do of

    > ones
    > > that benefit from it, so maybe it would have a chance.
    > >
    > > Most of the problems in the United States can be attributed to

    > Republicans.
    > > It makes me ill to see that attempted cannonization of Ronald

    > Reagan,
    > > certainly the worst president in my lifetime.

    > You were born after Jimmy Carter was in office?

    One cannonizing show re-visited classic Reagan quotes... "recession
    is when your neighbor losses his job, depression is when you lose
    yours, and recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."

    George Preddy, Jun 11, 2004