    Charlie Self
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or
    not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

    Charlie Self, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Charlie Self

    Zebedee Guest

    "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm curious about a couple of Sigma lenses, as I've just gotten a Pentax

    *ist
    > and have found a macro 50mm and 100mm that seem like they might work well.
    >
    > Part of the info need hasn't a thing to do with lens brand: how much

    closer
    > will things seem with that 100mm 1.4' focusing distance with the Pentax

    sensor
    > size? I've been using a 100mm on my old Minolta SLR for years and like it
    > better than I do a 50mm. With the 1.5 (if memory serves) crop (or

    reduction)
    > factor, it is starting to seem a touch long.
    >
    > Has anyone used one, or both, these lenses, digital or 35mm?

    Sigma lenses range from very good to very bad. I had a very good Sigma 600
    miror lens. I have seen some very bad 35-70 Sigma zoom lenses.

    It seems that with Sigma, quality is unpredictable.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jul 11, 2004

  3. "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    > I'm curious about a couple of Sigma lenses, as I've just gotten a Pentax

    *ist
    > and have found a macro 50mm and 100mm that seem like they might work well.
    >
    > Part of the info need hasn't a thing to do with lens brand: how much

    closer
    > will things seem with that 100mm 1.4' focusing distance with the Pentax

    sensor
    > size? I've been using a 100mm on my old Minolta SLR for years and like it
    > better than I do a 50mm. With the 1.5 (if memory serves) crop (or

    reduction)
    > factor, it is starting to seem a touch long.
    >
    > Has anyone used one, or both, these lenses, digital or 35mm?

    Hi Charlie. Are you referring to the Sigma 105 1:2.8? I have one and like
    it a lot.

    Chuck

    Charles Schuler, Jul 11, 2004