    Charlie Self
    "It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable." Eric
    Hoffer

    Charlie Self, Dec 21, 2004

  2. "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I thought I'd posted this much earlier today, but my mouse must have taken
    > bite out of the wrong option.
    >
    > I'm looking at the Sigma EF500 DG ST flash unit for use on my Pentax
    > *istD.
    >
    > It has all the features I need, including a few I don't, and seems to be
    > powerful enough for anything I'd do outside the shop (with studio flash)
    > when I
    > wouldn't have the studio flash units along.
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with it?

    Hi Charlie. I read most of the posts on the 300D forum at dpreview and many
    have been about this unit and not one, that I recall, has bashed it. Don't
    have one myself but the "press" is good.

    Charles Schuler, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Charlie Self

    Ryadia Guest

    > I thought I'd posted this much earlier today, but my mouse must have taken

    > bite out of the wrong option.
    >
    > I'm looking at the Sigma EF500 DG ST flash unit for use on my Pentax

    *istD.

    > It has all the features I need, including a few I don't, and seems to be
    > powerful enough for anything I'd do outside the shop (with studio flash)

    when I
    > wouldn't have the studio flash units along.
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with it?
    >
    > Charlie Self
    > "It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable."

    Eric
    > Hoffer

    I have the Sigma EF-500 DG on a Canon 20D. As long as you are comfortable
    with hiroglyphics for descriptions, the flash is fine. It meters correctly
    with an 'Lumiquest mini softbox" on it and works OK as a slave too.
    Certainly a lot cheaper than camera brand flash. Quite frankly , I can't
    tell the difference!

    Doug

    Ryadia, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Charlie Self

    DL Guest

    On 21 Dec 2004 17:57:23 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
    wrote:

    >I thought I'd posted this much earlier today, but my mouse must have taken a
    >bite out of the wrong option.
    >
    >I'm looking at the Sigma EF500 DG ST flash unit for use on my Pentax *istD.
    >
    >It has all the features I need, including a few I don't, and seems to be
    >powerful enough for anything I'd do outside the shop (with studio flash) when I
    >wouldn't have the studio flash units along.
    >
    >Anyone have any experience with it?
    >
    >Charlie Self
    >"It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable." Eric
    >Hoffer

    The Na-iTTL Super version works great on my D70. The wireless works
    quite nicely.

    - -

    DL

    http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

    >> Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a bastard.
    >>

    >First of all, Cedeño is not my buddy.

    ::::::::::::::::

    Halter Sucks!

    DL, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Charlie Self

    Skip M Guest

    "Ryadia" <> wrote in message

    > "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    >> I thought I'd posted this much earlier today, but my mouse must have
    >> taken

    >> bite out of the wrong option.
    >>
    >> I'm looking at the Sigma EF500 DG ST flash unit for use on my Pentax

    > *istD.
    >>
    >> It has all the features I need, including a few I don't, and seems to be
    >> powerful enough for anything I'd do outside the shop (with studio flash)

    > when I
    >> wouldn't have the studio flash units along.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any experience with it?
    >>
    >> Charlie Self
    >> "It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable."

    > Eric
    >> Hoffer

    > I have the Sigma EF-500 DG on a Canon 20D. As long as you are comfortable
    > with hiroglyphics for descriptions, the flash is fine. It meters correctly
    > with an 'Lumiquest mini softbox" on it and works OK as a slave too.
    > Certainly a lot cheaper than camera brand flash. Quite frankly , I can't
    > tell the difference!
    >
    > Doug

    Doug, are you shooting on manual, or on one of the automatic settings, like
    Av, Tv or program? If you're getting correct exposures on program, that's
    better than we did with the 580EX.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Charlie Self

    Ryadia Guest

    Use TTL, not *E*TTL and it will work properly on Program and Tv @ 1/125th.
    Never tried it faster and never on aperture priority. It works well in idiot
    mode (full auto) too.

    Doug

    Ryadia, Dec 22, 2004
  7. Charlie Self

    Vlad Gunko Guest

    Hello, Charlie!
    I've just bot Sigma EF-500 DG ST for my Nikon.
    It charges up quickly and it's easy to work with it.
    I found one small shitty moment - camera gives to flash wrong focus length -
    it doesn't take to account crop factor. For my Nikon = 1.5x, so I should
    correct it manually.
    All other I like much!

    Good luck,
    Vlad.

    Vlad Gunko, Dec 22, 2004
  8. Charlie Self

    Skip M Guest

    Thanks.

    Skip M, Dec 22, 2004
  9. Which Nikon do you have?

    Bullwinkle. J. Moose, Dec 23, 2004
  10. Charlie Self

    Vlad Gunko Guest

    D70

    "Bullwinkle. J. Moose" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ ×
    ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:zltyd.3008$sh5.944@trndny08...

    Vlad Gunko, Dec 23, 2004