    got wet. The same thing can be seen on the yellow sign "What's On" at
    the bottom of the picture. Has this been seen before? Does the SD14
    suffer from the same thing?

    jdear64, Feb 7, 2008

  2. "jdear64" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    >
    > and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    > and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    > sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    > left and right of the sign.

    I see that too.

    Maybe its a beta firmware, no ? (I did not read the preview even if its an
    interesting camera).

    Here is the crop for the lazy ones: http://cjoint.com/?chengZGHDT

    Save the jpg and zoom at 200% in what ever you use to see the bled.

    Probably only a jpg engine problem easily fixed with a new firmware I guess.

    Yvan Descartes, Feb 7, 2008

  3. jdear64

    John Navas Guest

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:18:26 -0500, "Yvan Descartes"
    <> wrote in <fodta8$kvr$>:

    >"jdear64" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >>
    >> Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    >>
    >> and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    >> and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    >> sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    >> left and right of the sign.

    >I see that too.
    >
    >Maybe its a beta firmware, no ? (I did not read the preview even if its an
    >interesting camera).
    >
    >Here is the crop for the lazy ones: http://cjoint.com/?chengZGHDT
    >
    >Save the jpg and zoom at 200% in what ever you use to see the bled.
    >
    >Probably only a jpg engine problem easily fixed with a new firmware I guess.

    More likely sensor bleed, not terribly surprising.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Feb 7, 2008
    John Navas
    <>], who wrote in article <>:
    > More likely sensor bleed, not terribly surprising.

    With giant pixels they have, how would it be possible?

    Puzzled,
    Ilya

    Ilya Zakharevich, Feb 7, 2008
  5. jdear64

    nospam Guest

    In article <fodta8$kvr$>, Yvan Descartes
    <> wrote:

    > > Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    > >
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    > >
    > > and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    > > and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    > > sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    > > left and right of the sign.

    > I see that too.
    >
    > Maybe its a beta firmware, no ? (I did not read the preview even if its an
    > interesting camera).

    it's an 'early dp1' with firmware 0.39.0.000.

    > Here is the crop for the lazy ones: http://cjoint.com/?chengZGHDT
    >
    > Save the jpg and zoom at 200% in what ever you use to see the bled.

    yep, not too surprising. there's a nice big yellow blotch to the left
    of the "what's on" sign at the bottom too. there's also a fair amount
    of aliasing on the building. either that or it has some very unusual
    architecture.

    > Probably only a jpg engine problem easily fixed with a new firmware I guess.

    according to the exif info, phil used sigma's latest raw converter on
    those images. unlike some of the other images, phil didn't crank the
    sharpening up too high on that one.

    other images have the usual blotching (which surprisingly, is even
    visible in sigma's dp1 brochure). for instance, on the wall photo,
    particularly in the corners:
    <http://dpreview-img.fotki.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/sdim0059.jpg>

    full size:
    <http://dpreview-img.fotki.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/originals/sdim00
    59.jpg>

    nospam, Feb 7, 2008
  6. jdear64

    Jay Guest

    Yes.
    It's clearly visible.
    I'm sure they'll fix it.
    This brings me to another question. What software do you use as your default
    picture viewer - Win XP?
    I use Windows Picture and Fax viewer because it launches fast.
    However I find it annoying that I can't see at what zoom I'm viewing at any
    given time, among other things I'd like to see.
    For that I open up images such as the one you're talking about in PS2.
    Can you recommend another software I could use as default - where I can
    always see the zoom and launches fast?
    How about ACDsee?

    Thanks

    Jay, Feb 7, 2008
  7. jdear64

    John Navas Guest

    On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:49:38 GMT, "Jay" <> wrote in
    <C5wqj.9508$>:

    >Yes.
    >It's clearly visible.
    >I'm sure they'll fix it.

    I'mm sure they would have fixed it already if it were fixable. Foveon
    X3 suffers from issues that aren't easy to fix.

    >This brings me to another question. What software do you use as your default
    >picture viewer - Win XP?
    >I use Windows Picture and Fax viewer because it launches fast.

    Likewise.

    >However I find it annoying that I can't see at what zoom I'm viewing at any
    >given time, among other things I'd like to see.

    Click the Actual Size icon at the bottom to switch to 1:1 view.

    >For that I open up images such as the one you're talking about in PS2.
    >Can you recommend another software I could use as default - where I can
    >always see the zoom and launches fast?
    >How about ACDsee?

    Check out IrfanView <http://www.irfanview.com/>

    Firefox will tell you both the image size and the scaling on the title
    bar, and you can install the PhotoME (which also works in Windows
    Picture and Fax viewer) plugin for detailed information. But it doesn't
    advance from image to image.

    p.s. Please place follow-up material below (not above) quoted material,
    as explained in Q7 of "Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
    <http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html> (published by the
    news.newusers.questions Moderation Board), unless a thread is already
    using top posting. (Mixing posting styles in a given thread is
    confusing.)

    John Navas, Feb 7, 2008
  8. jdear64

    Sosumi Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:49:38 GMT, "Jay" <> wrote in
    > <C5wqj.9508$>:
    >
    >>Yes.
    >>It's clearly visible.
    >>I'm sure they'll fix it.

    > I'mm sure they would have fixed it already if it were fixable. Foveon
    > X3 suffers from issues that aren't easy to fix.

    Or not at all. We're still talking about a camera that was introduced 2
    years ago and is still not in the stores. I don't think we'll ever see it,
    which is no great loss to any sane person.

    --
    Sosumi

    Sosumi, Feb 7, 2008
  9. jdear64

    Jay Guest

    Thanks.
    I'm going to download Irfanview.

    Jay, Feb 7, 2008
  10. jdear64

    Jay Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:49:38 GMT, "Jay" <> wrote in
    > <C5wqj.9508$>:
    >
    >>Yes.
    >>It's clearly visible.
    >>I'm sure they'll fix it.

    > I'mm sure they would have fixed it already if it were fixable. Foveon
    > X3 suffers from issues that aren't easy to fix.
    >
    >>This brings me to another question. What software do you use as your
    >>default
    >>picture viewer - Win XP?
    >>I use Windows Picture and Fax viewer because it launches fast.

    > Likewise.
    >
    >>However I find it annoying that I can't see at what zoom I'm viewing at
    >>any
    >>given time, among other things I'd like to see.

    > Click the Actual Size icon at the bottom to switch to 1:1 view.
    >
    >>For that I open up images such as the one you're talking about in PS2.
    >>Can you recommend another software I could use as default - where I can
    >>always see the zoom and launches fast?
    >>How about ACDsee?

    > Check out IrfanView <http://www.irfanview.com/>
    >
    > Firefox will tell you both the image size and the scaling on the title
    > bar, and you can install the PhotoME (which also works in Windows
    > Picture and Fax viewer) plugin for detailed information. But it doesn't
    > advance from image to image.
    >

    > p.s. Please place follow-up material below (not above) quoted material,
    > as explained in Q7 of "Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
    > <http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html> (published by the
    > news.newusers.questions Moderation Board), unless a thread is already
    > using top posting. (Mixing posting styles in a given thread is
    > confusing.)
    >

    >>"jdear64" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    >>>
    >>> and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    >>> and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    >>> sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    >>> left and right of the sign. Just like it was a water base print that
    >>> got wet. The same thing can be seen on the yellow sign "What's On" at
    >>> the bottom of the picture. Has this been seen before? Does the SD14
    >>> suffer from the same thing?

    > --
    > Best regards,
    > John Navas
    > Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

    Thanks,

    I will try to remember to quote below the text.

    Question: Is it possible to double click random images in a folder and not
    have a new instance of Irfanview launch every time I click a new image?

    Jay, Feb 7, 2008
  11. jdear64

    John Navas Guest

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:43:04 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote in
    <KqHqj.7384$>:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >> Check out IrfanView <http://www.irfanview.com/>

    >Question: Is it possible to double click random images in a folder and not
    >have a new instance of Irfanview launch every time I click a new image?

    Yes -- check Only 1 instance in Properties/Settings.

    John Navas, Feb 7, 2008
  12. jdear64

    Jay Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:43:04 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote in
    > <KqHqj.7384$>:
    >
    >>"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >>> Check out IrfanView <http://www.irfanview.com/>

    >>Question: Is it possible to double click random images in a folder and not
    >>have a new instance of Irfanview launch every time I click a new image?

    > Yes -- check Only 1 instance in Properties/Settings.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > John Navas
    > Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

    Thanks.
    Found it.

    Jay, Feb 7, 2008
  13. "jdear64" <> wrote in message

    > Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    >
    > and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    > and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    > sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    > left and right of the sign. Just like it was a water base print that
    > got wet. The same thing can be seen on the yellow sign "What's On" at
    > the bottom of the picture. Has this been seen before? Does the SD14
    > suffer from the same thing?

    There's no bleeding from the SD14 that I've ever seen.

    Peter Stavrakoglou, Feb 8, 2008
  14. jdear64

    John Navas Guest

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:51:56 -0500, "Peter Stavrakoglou"
    <> wrote in <47aba7c6$0$25053$>:

    >"jdear64" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Look at this photo from a Sigma DP1 beta:
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/sigmadp1_preview/
    >>
    >> and look at picture sdim0085.jpg ( second to last ). Get the jpg file
    >> and look at the picture full scale and look at the bright pink shoe
    >> sign. It looks like to me the pink of the shoe sign has bled to the
    >> left and right of the sign. Just like it was a water base print that
    >> got wet. The same thing can be seen on the yellow sign "What's On" at
    >> the bottom of the picture. Has this been seen before? Does the SD14
    >> suffer from the same thing?

    >There's no bleeding from the SD14 that I've ever seen.

    In the X3 sensor color accuracy from silicon depth filtering is not as
    good as the sharp cutoff color filters used on Bayer sensors, with
    sometimes strange results, although reports suggest the SD14 is improved
    over earlier models.

    John Navas, Feb 8, 2008
  15. jdear64

    Paul Furman Guest

    Jay wrote:
    > "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:43:04 -0600, "Jay" <> wrote in
    >> <KqHqj.7384$>:
    >>
    >>> "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >>> Question: Is it possible to double click random images in a folder and not
    >>> have a new instance of Irfanview launch every time I click a new image?

    >> Yes -- check Only 1 instance in Properties/Settings.

    > Thanks.
    > Found it.

    Although it only takes a tap on the escape key to dismiss an image.

    When viewing full screen (hit enter), you can see the zoom by adding this
    ($Z%)
    -paste that into the box at:
    options > properties > full screen >show text

    and to zoom
    shift+
    - (minus/dash key)

    Paul Furman, Feb 8, 2008