    Thanks!

    Adam.

    , Nov 28, 2007

  2. Douglas Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone have experience with this lens? I just picked it up for around
    > 600 USD. This complements the Sigma 24-70 2.8 I just got. I'm
    > thinking about the 10-22 or some 3rd party flavor thereof down the
    > road. Either way, any pointers owners have would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Adam.

    I have both of those lenses. The 24-70 is the worst. It's not the same late
    model as the 70 -200 which is a pearler. Smooth, fast auto focus and pin
    sharp results. I hardly ever use the 24 -70. It's noisey. Hunts for a focus
    point the minute light falls off and doesn't focus very well at all past
    about 20 feet. Not a pinch on the genuine Canon 24 -70 lens.

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Nov 27, 10:22 pm, "Douglas" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Anyone have experience with this lens? I just picked it up for around
    > > 600 USD. This complements the Sigma 24-70 2.8 I just got. I'm
    > > thinking about the 10-22 or some 3rd party flavor thereof down the
    > > road. Either way, any pointers owners have would be appreciated.

    > > Thanks!

    > > Adam.

    > I have both of those lenses. The 24-70 is the worst. It's not the same late
    > model as the 70 -200 which is a pearler. Smooth, fast auto focus and pin
    > sharp results. I hardly ever use the 24 -70. It's noisey. Hunts for a focus
    > point the minute light falls off and doesn't focus very well at all past
    > about 20 feet. Not a pinch on the genuine Canon 24 -70 lens.
    >
    > Douglas

    Ha - good to know my of my impending experience, then. As for the
    24-70, I imagine once I get off a budget, I may be able to afford a
    nicer normal zoom. That said, the Sigma 24-70 does seem reasonably
    sharp, if a little soft at the wide end.

    Thanks for the post :).

    Adam.

    , Nov 28, 2007
  4. bob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have experience with this lens? I just picked it up for around
    > 600 USD. This complements the Sigma 24-70 2.8 I just got. I'm
    > thinking about the 10-22 or some 3rd party flavor thereof down the
    > road. Either way, any pointers owners have would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Adam.

    I have the 2001 version, 70-200 EX APO 2.8
    It's an extremely sharp lens, fairly fast focus. I've hauled it around the
    world a few times, and am very happy with the results.

    Bob

    bob, Nov 28, 2007
  5. Steve Dell Guest

    for a wide angle zoom, I have the Tokina 12-24 f/4 that is great.

    in the mid-range, you might be more interested in the Tamron 24-75 f/2.8

    Steve

    Steve Dell, Nov 29, 2007