  1. Has anyone used this lens on a Nikon D70,and what have the results been
    like,i have found this lens on the web for £107.Your views on this lens are
    most welcome cheers Stephen.

    Stephen Manaton, May 24, 2005

  2. Stephen Manaton

    Pete D Guest

    "Stephen Manaton" <> wrote in message
    news:d6vva3$of2$...
    > Has anyone used this lens on a Nikon D70,and what have the results been
    > like,i have found this lens on the web for £107.Your views on this lens
    > are
    > most welcome cheers Stephen.

    Stephen,

    That is the same lens that is bundled with many of the dual lens kits, it
    okay but can be a little soft wide open, that said it is quite reasonable
    for a cheap lens. I personally taken some good shots with mine on a Pentax
    *ist DS. Personally I would look at the 70-300mm APO for a little more,
    little bit better quality and a bit better reach with the 300mm.

    Cheers.

    Pete D, May 24, 2005

  3. Stephen Manaton

    Stacey Guest

    Stephen Manaton wrote:

    > Has anyone used this lens on a Nikon D70,and what have the results been
    > like,i have found this lens on the web for £107.Your views on this lens
    > are most welcome cheers Stephen.

    The results I've seen from this lens used on a 4/3 camera is: it's not very
    good wide open and it's also pretty soft at 200mm. From 55-150mm it
    performs pretty good down a stop or two. For reference it's not as good as
    either of the zuikos in this range, even the 40-150 "kit" lens, but is also
    cheaper... For the price it's a pretty good lens.
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, May 25, 2005
  4. Stephen Manaton

    birdman Guest

    One wonders if this lens is the basis of the forthcoming Nikon 55-200 zoom?

    birdman, May 25, 2005
  5. Stephen Manaton

    Pete D Guest

    "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    > Stephen Manaton wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone used this lens on a Nikon D70,and what have the results been
    >> like,i have found this lens on the web for £107.Your views on this lens
    >> are most welcome cheers Stephen.

    > The results I've seen from this lens used on a 4/3 camera is: it's not
    > very
    > good wide open and it's also pretty soft at 200mm. From 55-150mm it
    > performs pretty good down a stop or two. For reference it's not as good as
    > either of the zuikos in this range, even the 40-150 "kit" lens, but is
    > also
    > cheaper... For the price it's a pretty good lens.
    > --
    >
    > Stacey

    Where can we get these Zuikos for the Ds and D70?

    Pete D, May 25, 2005
  6. Stephen Manaton

    Stacey Guest

    Pete D wrote:

    > "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    >> Stephen Manaton wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone used this lens on a Nikon D70,and what have the results been
    >>> like,i have found this lens on the web for £107.Your views on this lens
    >>> are most welcome cheers Stephen.

    >> The results I've seen from this lens used on a 4/3 camera is: it's not
    >> very
    >> good wide open and it's also pretty soft at 200mm. From 55-150mm it
    >> performs pretty good down a stop or two. For reference it's not as good
    >> as either of the zuikos in this range, even the 40-150 "kit" lens, but is
    >> also
    >> cheaper... For the price it's a pretty good lens.
    >> --
    >>
    >> Stacey

    > Where can we get these Zuikos for the Ds and D70?

    They are for olympus cameras. I'm sure the nikon lenses are this same level
    or quality better than this sigma lens as well. It's back to you get what
    you pay for. The zuikos are more expencive and perform better, I'm sure the
    nikon glass is the same deal. You can't expect a $100 lens to perform like
    a $250 one much less a $800 one.
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, May 25, 2005
  7. Stephen Manaton

    Pete D Guest

    "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    > Pete D wrote:
    >

    >> "Stacey" <> wrote in message

    >>> The results I've seen from this lens used on a 4/3 camera is: it's not
    >>> very
    >>> good wide open and it's also pretty soft at 200mm. From 55-150mm it
    >>> performs pretty good down a stop or two. For reference it's not as good
    >>> as either of the zuikos in this range, even the 40-150 "kit" lens, but
    >>> is
    >>> also
    >>> cheaper... For the price it's a pretty good lens.
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Stacey

    >> Where can we get these Zuikos for the Ds and D70?

    > They are for olympus cameras. I'm sure the nikon lenses are this same
    > level
    > or quality better than this sigma lens as well. It's back to you get what
    > you pay for. The zuikos are more expencive and perform better, I'm sure
    > the
    > nikon glass is the same deal. You can't expect a $100 lens to perform like
    > a $250 one much less a $800 one.
    > --
    >
    > Stacey

    Oh!