    Anyone have this lens? Opinions?
    I have an Olympus system and am considering getting it.
    Thanks
    Steven Wandy, Nov 4, 2006

  2. I just got this exact lens with a Four Thirds mount for my Panasonic L1. So
    far, so good. I got it because I wanted to have a fast normal lens that
    would give me a shooting perspective similar to what I had in the bad old
    days with my Minolta SRT-101 with its 50mm f1.2. Like I said, so far, so
    good. I taken several test shots and find that it does give me that very
    shallow depth of field I was looking for. I plan to use it for portraiture
    and still life stuff where I want to have that wonderfully shallow depth of
    field. I do not yet have an opinion of what happens in the corners, as I
    have been deliberately having only the center of the subject be in focus.
    After a photo buddy warned me that Sigma, in his opinion, did not exercise
    the level of quality control he would want, I tested for the ability of the
    lens to auto-focus properly, and paid attention to the quality of the focus
    ring action. Both seemed good to me.

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Steven Wandy

    Steven Wandy Guest

    Thanks Dave,
    I was interested in this lens because it reminded me of my good ole
    days with my Minolta SLR and a 50mm 1.4 lens attached.
    I am primarily interested in low light shooting - as I really don't
    like the look of flash shots.
    Steve
    Steven Wandy, Nov 5, 2006
  4. Steven Wandy <> schrieb:
    > Anyone have this lens? Opinions?

    I had problems with mine in the Amazon: first the autofous wouldn't work
    anymore, then the aperture got stuck. My Nikon lenses performed fine
    there. The Sigma slowly returned to normal operation once it was back at
    <100% humidity for a couple of days. Otherwise I really like this lens.

    Walter
    Walter Hofmann, Nov 7, 2006